Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

A tiny set report from The Guardian mentions that Groot wasn't being played by Vin Diesel, but a stand-in, saying Groot's only line, "I am Groot." Which means that if Diesel is playing Groot, as he's hinted, then he's not doing it via motion-capture. The report says that the space environments look gorgeous and that director James Gunn and the script seem to be following in Joss Whedon's style of having witty, but real, characters.

And the Guardian brings up an interesting theory: Marvel made a big deal of Bradley Cooper's Rocket Raccoon but is curiously reticent to announce Diesel as Groot. But we know already that Thanos is going to be in the movie ? so maybe Diesel's constant hints about playing Groot, and Marvel's refusal to confirm that role, are all an act to distract from Diesel's actual role, as Thanos.

Source Article

:o

I'm really hoping he's going to be Thanos because that role suits him better if you ask me. Also, very much looking forward to those space environments and Rocket Raccoon!

Haha, I've never seen anyone with a chin like Thanos's chin. Doesn't matter though, they can simply fix that with chin parts like they often do in films. I mean, look at Hellboy for starters.

Michael Rooker On GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY's 'Groot' And Fans' Growing Enthusiasm

After chatting with Jaimie Alexander, Forbes blogger Mark Hughes spoke with The Walking Dead actor Michael Rooker during Stan Lee?s Comikaze Expo this weekend. Speaking about the notion that Groot, voiced by Vin Diesal, is just a talking tree, Rooker objects: ?Groot is not a tree, he?s a different being from a different universe. And he?s not like a tree the way we have trees. We use it for cordwood, for cooking and heating our homes. Groot is a whole different being from a whole different galaxy, somewhere you don?t even know where he?s from. I don?t even know where he?s from. He just happens to look like bark.? About the fans' growing interest in Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy, Michael Rooker said, ?It?s a great series, I love the old series and the new one?s pretty cool, too. So I think it?s helping people go back and look at the series if they haven?t seen it yet. Then they get all high about it, and it?s awesome.? 

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=89507

In Thor: The Dark World post credit scene

you can see Benicio Del Toro character The Collector receive the Dark Elves Aether from from Sif & Volstagg as they say it's dangerous to have two of the relics in the same place at Asgard (the Aether and the Tesseract). he then says he got one, 5 remaining if I recall correctly

so I guess that's the starting point of GotG

In Thor: The Dark World post credit scene

you can see Benicio Del Toro character The Collector receive the Dark Elves Aether from from Sif & Volstagg as they say it's dangerous to have two of the relics in the same place at Asgard (the Aether and the Tesseract). he then says he got one, 5 remaining if I recall correctly

so I guess that's the starting point of GotG

Indeed it's

The Infinity Gauntlet they are collecting for

Indeed it's

The Infinity Gauntlet they are collecting for

So looking forward to this. and im guessing this will lead into A2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have such high hopes for this film. And everything they've shown so far just looks proper good. Hopefully everything else is of the same level, if not higher.

I have such high hopes for this film. And everything they've shown so far just looks proper good. Hopefully everything else is of the same level, if not higher.

Yeah I hope so too. I hope that it's going to be one of those movies I"ll watch over and over again.