BSkyB to flick switch on network-level smut-'n'-violence filters

BSkyB will switch its broadband service to network-level filtering later this year in a clear move away from allowing subscribers to control what content they want their families to access online in their own homes.

The telco said that computer-based parental controls were not enough to protect kids who use web-based services on a variety of devices. So network-level filtering - possibly using Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) probes - will be applied to the service at some point in 2013.

Source: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/02/06/bskyb_network_level_filtering/

Ah great, this I presume is the beginning of priority traffic too, set this up and blame it on 'child protection' and you've got a network that can slow down all connections except to those companies that pay you more.

Do the UK/world/net neutrality/yourselves a favour, GTFO sky broadband and go with absolutely any other provider.

You shout that Sky are doing this, but it won't be long before they are all doing this. It's a horrible circle, you move to one provider and they do something you don't like..... so you move again, then that new company does something else.

Plus.... if you're that bothered, call them up and ask them to take it off :/

I'm with Sky at the moment and I am not going anywhere.

Yeah i will stay with sky as long as they have the option not to be included in the filter

Im pretty sure talktalk do this already but you can turn it off.

They do, it doesn't work very well though :p

Pulled from my TalkTalk online account:

whats in the Edit Settings under kid safe?