Photo

FREE 354 day Bitdefender Internet Security 2013!

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#16 Yusuf M.

Yusuf M.

• 21,358 posts
  • Phone: OnePlus One 64GB

Posted 06 February 2013 - 18:41

fixed the link now, posted the internet security installer, the keys i posted are correct for the internet security installer.

MODERATORS, please can you delete the posts that say "delete me" and the ones talking about incorrect serials and links as i've fixed the links in the 1st post now, thanks.

Done. (Y)

#17 Nothing Here

Nothing Here

Neowinian Senior

• 2,164 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 18:48

You're dreaming. MSE isn't as bad as some. And just because a product is paid, doesn't mean it's better. But MSE is not all that great. Sorry to tell you that. I've seen MANY infections that others have caught.

I agree that just because a product is paid for doesn't mean it's better. But since I have been running MSE and now Defender under Win8, I have only had 1 infection and that was ehen MSE was in beta stage.

#18 ZeGlouminou

ZeGlouminou

Neowinian

• 6 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 18:52

No, its for the AV, OP posted wrong installer

When added key to my account, saw clearly that it was identified as : Bitdefender Internet Security 2013

Subscription

365 days left

#19 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

• 6,762 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 18:53

When added key to my account, saw clearly that it was identified as : Bitdefender Internet Security 2013

Subscription

365 days left

When I added the key it shows that I have 354 days left on the webpage. But it doesn't show in the actual program.

#20 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

• 8,369 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 18:55

Subscription

365 days left

OP has posted the correct link for the correct installer now so yea the keys will work...

#21 AJerman

AJerman

Boomer Sooner!

• 5,512 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 06 February 2013 - 19:03

I still use MSE but the product has still fallen behind. Only reason I've remained uninfected is due to the paid version of Maleware-Bytes which actively runs in conjunction with MSE.

You shouldn't run two AVs, but I agree. I still suggest MSE as an "At least use this" kind of thing, but it's definitely not as good as it was a year or two ago. Back then it had detection rates with the best of them, now it's definitely towards the mid to bottom of the pack.

#22 Yusuf M.

Yusuf M.

• 21,358 posts
  • Phone: OnePlus One 64GB

Posted 06 February 2013 - 19:04

I cleaned the thread again to avoid any confusion.

#23 DrakeN2k

DrakeN2k

Neowinian

• 1,137 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 19:05

EDIT: NVM

#24 dead.cell

dead.cell

My Body My Temple

• 10,302 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active

Posted 06 February 2013 - 19:26

You shouldn't run two AVs, but I agree. I still suggest MSE as an "At least use this" kind of thing, but it's definitely not as good as it was a year or two ago. Back then it had detection rates with the best of them, now it's definitely towards the mid to bottom of the pack.

I know, and I typically don't otherwise. They just seem to work great in conjunction with each other though without any pre-configuration for this to work.

I may just dump both for BitDefender though, but we'll see I guess. It's gonna be hard to get away from MBAM since it's done such an incredible job over the years.

#25 SadJoker

SadJoker

Resident yogi

• 1,636 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy S4

Posted 06 February 2013 - 19:52

The Softpedia link in post #1 downloads Antivirus Plus, not Internet Security.

Thanks bro!

bitdefender.png

#26 jandler

jandler

Neowinian

• 70 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:03

Just wanted to let everyone know that I downloaded Bitdefender Windows 8 Security by mistake but the code Q5YW7GP works as well.

#27 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• 5,920 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:41

I don't run anything else and my system is clean. MSE just works. I ran BitDefender. Eset and Kaspersky before and something has always found it's way through. ClamWin AV is much better, or used to be, then Eset and other paid AVs also. If MSE wasn't around, I would be using ClamWin.

I don't care what those reviews say. I use what works and MSE does the job.

It does the job yes but it sort of throws lot of false positive lastly. I think i got 2 or 3 false positive by MSE in the last 6 months while browsing totally clean and safe web site.

I used Bitdefender back in the days when it was not expensive. Was an awesome AV. It's free for 2 years so gonna use it again.

#28 Nothing Here

Nothing Here

Neowinian Senior

• 2,164 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:55

It does the job yes but it sort of throws lot of false positive lastly. I think i got 2 or 3 false positive by MSE in the last 6 months while browsing totally clean and safe web site.

I used Bitdefender back in the days when it was not expensive. Was an awesome AV. It's free for 2 years so gonna use it again.

I got one false positive since I started using it.

#29 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• 5,920 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:10

Yeah, I just excluded various folders with MSE but was shocked when I couldn't ignore things that were caught but were false positives with Bitdefender Free. But, I have heard good reviews so I'm excited to try this out.

I think you need to turn auto pilot off and put the av in user mode to be able to ignore alert. Not sure though.

#30 DavidM

DavidM

Neowinian Senior

• 1,787 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:18

I think you need to turn auto pilot off and put the av in user mode to be able to ignore alert. Not sure though.

I disabled the anti-phising/privacy parts and had to put it in user mode to disable the warnings about it being disabled, so that might be the case.

Thanks torrentthief, for the heads up and the key. BD AV+ 2013 for 676 days. Thanks again!