Anonymous hacks Federal Reserve, data compromised

Nice how you conveniently forget Obama giving Solyndra and other alternative now bankrupt companies money. He also gave GM money in bailouts for the saving of the company, however they are losing millions on the volt because they can't make cost on sales. no one can afford the volts, so they lower the price and lose $$$$ http://www.reuters.c...E88904J20120910

Um unless I'm mistaken the GM bailout was started (and signed) under Bush.

Now I dislike electric cars, and especially the volt since I think they're stupid. But no manufacturer sells all their cars for a profit, a lot of them sell a couple for a loss just to maintain a presence in that particular sector. They make up for that loss by selling parts / other cars.

Parts are quite the profit maker for car manufacturer. I mean let's look at a simple paper air filter from Motorcraft (Ford). It probably costs them like $2 to make since it's nothing complex and the materials are dirt cheap (not to mention volume discounts), but they sell it at dealers for $30 (about $17 if you get it from other places). That's a pretty much just pure profits right there. Then let's look at labor charges, replacing an air filter takes what? 2 mins? Ford will charge you $50 in labor to do that job (though I think that's more for the dealer).

With electric / hybrid cars, the parts are even more expensive and since most of them are probably proprietary you have to use OEM parts, making GM, Toyota etc money. Hell GM made a profit of $9 billion last year, and I'm pretty sure they paid back their bailout money with interest. So it wasn't a total loss for taxpayers. All the banks that got bailed out paid back their money with interest too.

---

You want to complain about $335 million, let's look at the military shall we? $5 trillion+ spent in two wars. $19 billion a YEAR in air-conditioning alone just for troops in Afghanistan. Look at how much of a waste that is. What benefit are we getting from Iraq and Afghanistan? Next to nothing.

Want to talk about the Volt? Look at the F-35. You'd think after over a $100 billion of tax payer money spent on it, 10+ years in development you'd at least have a combat ready plane. Instead you have a plane that is developing cracks in the wings, the software that isn't even 10% complete, and tons of other flaws. It's not even close to being combat ready, and it isn't expected to be for another 4-5 years. They originally claimed the F-35 would cost $100 million less than the F-22 so it would be a good replacement and save the country some money. Instead the A model costs just as much as the F-22 (B/C models cost more) and it'll cost tax payers a TRILLION in maintenance over the plane's lifetime.

Sure $335 million and $500 million were wastes of money too, but they're nothing compared to the amount the military just throws away.

To be fair at least some of the military spending isn't wanted by the military http://www.businessi...e-tanks-2012-10

That's the problem though, Congress decides how much the military gets to spend.

And has it has been proved time and time again, Congress usually doesn't make sensible decisions. It only took them like 8 years to complain about the F-35 program. But yet people keep voting the same politicians in year after year after year.

And then you have people like ChrisJ who get all up in arms when Obama/Bush bails out GM and other companies (sometimes rightfully so, like with solyndra), but never ever complains about congress and the military blowing away even more money.

People have to stop voting in politicians who say a lot of things but get nothing done and who care more about the corporations who give them lobbying money than the people who voted them in. Too bad that would actually require some thinking by the population...

Anyways, this is getting quite off topic lol.

Politicians should stay the hell away from playing war with American lives. The United States in NOT the Worlds police department. As long and what another country is doing does not affect our National Security then stay the hell out of it. Foreign Aide should also be stopped when we have people in our own country that are homeless and going without food. But this is fodder for another topic. (sorry for the off topic rant, I was just following the last two posts.)

Politicians should stay the hell away from playing war with American lives. The United States in NOT the Worlds police department. As long and what another country is doing does not affect our National Security then stay the hell out of it. Foreign Aide should also be stopped when we have people in our own country that are homeless and going without food. But this is fodder for another topic. (sorry for the off topic rant, I was just following the last two posts.)

I completely agree. We spend trillions on wars, getting involved in other countries affairs, and giving away our money to other countries. If there was a humanitarian crisis (earthquake, tsunami etc) then sure, send some money / food / water etc but Israel, Pakistan and the other countries that receive US aid don't need it.

Stay out of other countries affairs and fix this country. You'll make a lot more friends and save a lot of money by doing that.

The United States in NOT the Worlds police department.

I suspect we the people will agree with you but our government that is suppose to represent us and doesn't has other plans.