Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damo R.

movies First Look: Lars von Trier

18 posts in this topic

oXNLP.jpg

NYMPHOMANIAC is the wild and poetic story of a woman?s journey from birth to the age of 50 as told by the main character, the self-diagnosed nymphomaniac, Joe (Gainsbourg). On a cold winter?s evening the old, charming bachelor, Seligman (Skarsg?rd), finds Joe beaten up in an alley. He brings her home to his flat where he cares for her wounds while asking her about her life. He listens intently as Joe over the next 8 chapters recounts the lushy branched-out and multifaceted story of her life, rich in associations and interjecting incidents.

The film also features Shia LaBeouf, Jamie Bell, Connie Nielsen, Christian Slater, Uma Thurman, Willem Dafoe, Jean-Marc Barr, and Udo Kier, and plans to release both R and X-rated versions have been discussed almost since the first announcement of the film.

l.png

Shia LaBeouf. He has to die in the first minute of the film.

2 people like this

Can I preorder the X rated version now? :p

1 person likes this

Can I preorder the X rated version now? :p

I'm with you, where can I preorder as well?

Sounds good, few big names in the cast.. with the exception of an already mentioned actor ;)

Yeah not a fan of this guys work. Its an attention grabbing title but I expect very little from it.

Poor Shia :rofl:

1 person likes this

What's so wrong with Shia LaBeouf? He does a good job I think... I've seen much worst than him.

1 person likes this

lrI6o.jpg

What's so wrong with Shia LaBeouf?

Everything?

What, 5hrs?  And they're going to cut it down to how much?  Are the sex scenes super long or something?  :P

Shia isn't bad.

Usually when some people don't like someone, but can't give a satisfactory reason, it's simply jealousy and/or peoples' own dislike of themselves.

Usually when some people don't like someone, but can't give a satisfactory reason, it's simply jealousy and/or peoples' own dislike of themselves.

What toss.  I dislike him because he's been shown as an absolute assclown in real life, challenging people to "step" to him, "do you know who I am" and then not knowing when he's been punched down.  Couple that with being a throwaway actor...

His most recent offense was completely ruining "Lawless". You have Tom Hardy available but sure, use Shia as your lead. :s

Also, this is movie is either going to be amazing or suck very very much. If the later and the critics love it, it will be used by snobs all around the world to show you how you don't "get it". Like a very sexual "A torin?i l?" if you will.

(Watch "Shame" instead, it's awesome. Steve McQueen is awesome.)