Seagal To Lead School Shooting Response Exercise

abe3Aey6.jpg

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio?s team will participate in a simulated school shooting as a training exercise, with help from a special celebrity guest, according to a statement.

Along with instructors, actor Steven Seagal will lead the simulation, to take place in the Arizona county on Saturday, February 9.

Seagal, who has made a name for himself headlining action movies such as ?Above the Law? and Under Seige,? will help educate 40 armed volunteers on room-entry tactics and hand-to-hand tactics, the statement says.

Since January, Arpaio, known for his tough stance on undocumented immigrants, has worked to put together what the statement refers to as a posse program to patrol the areas surrounding schools.

Seagal was featured in "Steven Seagal: Lawman" which

according to IMDBfollowed his "adventures as a fully-commissioned deputy with the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office in Louisiana."

I like Sheriff Joe, I used to live in Phoenix but that was way before his time as Sheriff. At least he is doing something.

Just moved from Phoenix about a year ago after 15 years. I like I always liked Arpaio

Maybe America should grow up and face the facts. More school shootings happen in America than anywhere in the world. Those relaxed gun laws should be tamed. Only police and the army need a gun!

Maybe America should grow up and face the facts. More school shootings happen in America than anywhere in the world. Those relaxed gun laws should be tamed. Only police and the army need a gun!

You need yo read our constitution and learn that we have certain rights and this thread is not the one to discuss Gun Rights.

You need yo read our constitution and learn that we have certain rights and this thread is not the one to discuss Gun Rights.

I know what the Constitution states but (and I mean it with the greatest respect) US school shootings and crimes such as murder using firearms are through the roof. You can't ignore those facts, civilians do not need guns (it works for just about every other country in the world).

I know what the Constitution states but (and I mean it with the greatest respect) US school shootings and crimes such as murder using firearms are through the roof. You can't ignore those facts, civilians do not need guns (it works for just about every other country in the world).

This is not every country in the world. There already are topics to discuss this, use them. Try this one:

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1097915-the-big-gun-control-debate/

He has gained a pound or three.

He's really let himself go of late... :(

Still, is he -really- an actual "tough guy"? Most of these hollywood types are all act and no substance...

Arapio's good though.. Even in the UK we hear about him. If anyone can stop school shootings, he can probably manage it. Just as soon as he gets some more razor wire in stock to surround the schools with! :p

Steve no like being teased on this thread:

seagal.gif

His early movies were classics. Maybe he shouldn't have played the role of a chef (and Navy SEAL) in Under Siege.

Ently: Guns don't kill people my friend. People kill people.