I'm not the only one, right?

I'm really getting bothered by people who post pictures of their food on social networks, be it instagram filtered or not, I mean what the hell, why in the world would anyone do it? People who actually "Like" it are as braindead as the person posting it.

Why do these people think we want to see day-to-day what they are eating?

Most of them I can't delete from the contact list as well as I sometimes want/need to talk to them but what would be a nice way to tell em to "F*** sake stop posting this bull"?

Urgh, I could even understand when you're in an expensive restoran or something and taking a picture of how they serve food or what exactly do they serve but home made boiled potatoes with ketchup. YAY!

It doesn't bother me, what does bother me is cryptic statuses like "Annoyed!" or anything similar, to me that's attention grabbing because it requires people to fish for answers.

As long as this doesn't apply to pictures of beer. I like pictures of beer :)

why does anyone post everything they are doing on social networks? seriously I don't really care if you are going to the toilet or brushing your hair LOL YOLO

Drives me nuts :(

Short answer, I don't use Facebook/Twitter any more unless I really have to

It doesn't bother me, what does bother me is cryptic statuses like "Annoyed!" or anything similar, to me that's attention grabbing because it requires people to fish for answers.

Here.

387107_479841558693700_466193057_n.jpg

If you can find this beer you're in luck! Tried it last summer...tastes like...well I'll let you find out lol.

But yeah, the second are the people who litterally post everything on facebook "Taking a show" yay, good to know, can I join? :)

I'm really getting bothered by people who post pictures of their food on social networks, be it instagram filtered or not, I mean what the hell, why in the world would anyone do it? People who actually "Like" it are as braindead as the person posting it.

Why do these people think we want to see day-to-day what they are eating?

Most of them I can't delete from the contact list as well as I sometimes want/need to talk to them but what would be a nice way to tell em to "F*** sake stop posting this bull"?

Urgh, I could even understand when you're in an expensive restoran or something and taking a picture of how they serve food or what exactly do they serve but home made boiled potatoes with ketchup. YAY!

Not to sound rude or anything, but what makes you think we wanna see this post?

Just cuz you don't like seeing pictures of food doesn't mean others don't.

I don't like seeing all the stupid pictures of cats people post on Facebook, but I don't complain, others like em.

I have friends that post food pics on Facebook, never has bothered me.

Each person has different likes or dislikes, and posting preferences.

I can't decide which is worse....the stuff that gets posted on social networking sites, or the complaints about what gets posted on social networking sites.

Seriously, it's a social networking/media site. People are using it exactly for what it's designed. Interestingly enough, said social sites give you full control over your own experience. If you don't like what someone is doing, you're perfectly capable of disabling notifications, remove them from your list or just ignore their posts? ;)

Just keeping it real. Too many people feel the way they use in life, should be exactly how everyone else uses it. Example: "Stop using Facebook to post about you or your life! No one cares!". Funny, that's exactly what Facebook is designed for....

Edit: For the record, I personally have issues with some of the things I come across on some social sites. If someone is "friends" with me or is a "contact" that I can't easily remove, I simply unsubscribe to anything they post.

My wife uses FB and her friends post their entire day. I am taking a shower now. Now I am going shopping. I dropped my kids off at school. this to me is rubbish.

I was being a bit sarcastic last post, but I do get what ya mean. Different things tend to annoy different people.

If everyone did post a picture of every meal they were about to eat, then yeah, that'd get pretty annoying quick, lol.

I genuinely don't understand why people Facebook/Instagram their food. I can only guess it started as an ironic joke based upon that "People literally post everything on Facebook" idea.

I mean, do you remember back in the 80's, when you had to bring your camera to the restaurant, attach the flash, setup the shot, take the photo.

Then you'd go to the park with your kids to finish the reel off. Take it to the chemist to get it developed. Come back 3 days later to pick it up only to find some blurry photos of your kids in the park, and a nice picture of your dinner from over a week ago.

Then you had the long task of either going to all your friends to show them, or maybe having them come over. I mean, you could fax it, to make it look all black and white, retro, arty...

Remember that?

NO. NOBODY EVER DID IT.

So why do we do it on Facebook?

But seriously, I think we are a generation (or at least we share the planet with a generation) that's obsessed with their own self worth, documenting every little thing they do kinda shows they existed, validates that someone gives a rats ass.

http://www.urbandict...rm=Vaguebooking

Very annoying

Instead of making it sound like complaining, how about we just ask why do people post such serious BS or why do people even use that thing? That's just a question, not a complaint.

Personally,

I have no use for it, but know enough addicts, that I think the complaining about Facebook and how people use it, is amusing as watching WWE!!

I share this sentiment.

Part of a food group that has over 8K members, it has made easy for me to find good places to eat out, I see nothing wrong with people posting pictures of there food, helps you kind of know the food of a restaurant before you go there. https://www.facebook.com/groups/karachifooddiary/

• Like 1

Instead of making it sound like complaining, how about we just ask why do people post such serious BS or why do people even use that thing? That's just a question, not a complaint.

Personally,

I have no use for it, but know enough addicts, that I think the complaining about Facebook and how people use it, is amusing as watching WWE!!

Facebook and social network is bad, they're terrible, they're so bad and horrible and make peopel into social addicts that I need to go onto an internet forum where other people post stuff and tell them how bad FB is

... do you see the irony of your post ?

(Y) This right here is actually my biggest pet peeve BY FAR on sites like Facebook, etc., as I agree 110%. Who the **** cares what you have to eat, and some people do it for EVERY DAMN MEAL.

The only person who it makes sense to me is my wifes on friend who is actually attending culinary school to be a chef. So she posts pictures to show not only what she cooked, but how she plates the food. That is the pretty much the only scenario I see it being acceptable. perhaps if someone is at a super fancy restaurant, and it is the coolest looking plate in the world, or the most expensive dish they ever purchased, etc.

but your ****ing cheeseburger at the diner or your sushi for dinner? Nope, not cool.

That is the pretty much the only scenario I see it being acceptable.

So...the above poster who mentioned being part of a club specifically for the purpose of sharing food, is unacceptable? I get that not everyone cares to see any of that, but that doesn't make it useless. If there weren't people interested, something tells me it there would be no one complaining about it. People do it because someone obviously cares.