• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#16 Damien R.

Damien R.

XXX

• 120,661 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy

Posted 07 February 2013 - 13:58

As long as this doesn't apply to pictures of beer. I like pictures of beer :)

I was about to say this :p

#17 cork1958

cork1958

Neowinian

• 8,083 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 14:01

Instead of making it sound like complaining, how about we just ask why do people post such serious BS or why do people even use that thing? That's just a question, not a complaint.

Personally,
I have no use for it, but know enough addicts, that I think the complaining about Facebook and how people use it, is amusing as watching WWE!!

#18 FrostAM

FrostAM

Neowinian

• 356 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 20:39

It doesn't bother me, what does bother me is cryptic statuses like "Annoyed!" or anything similar, to me that's attention grabbing because it requires people to fish for answers.

As long as this doesn't apply to pictures of beer. I like pictures of beer :)

I share this sentiment.

#19 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

• 8,369 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 20:42

I think there is something wrong if you get annoyed with pictures of food....

#20 Blueclub

Blueclub

Neowinian

• 787 posts
  • Phone: OnePlus One

Posted 07 February 2013 - 20:51

Part of a food group that has over 8K members, it has made easy for me to find good places to eat out, I see nothing wrong with people posting pictures of there food, helps you kind of know the food of a restaurant before you go there. https://www.facebook...rachifooddiary/

#21 nekkidtruth

nekkidtruth

I'm sorry, do you still exist?

• 1,776 posts
  • Phone: Stock LG Nexus 5

Posted 08 February 2013 - 00:40

Part of a food group that has over 8K members, it has made easy for me to find good places to eat out, I see nothing wrong with people posting pictures of there food, helps you kind of know the food of a restaurant before you go there. https://www.facebook...rachifooddiary/

Excellent use.

#22 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,721 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:04

Instead of making it sound like complaining, how about we just ask why do people post such serious BS or why do people even use that thing? That's just a question, not a complaint.

Personally,
I have no use for it, but know enough addicts, that I think the complaining about Facebook and how people use it, is amusing as watching WWE!!

Facebook and social network is bad, they're terrible, they're so bad and horrible and make peopel into social addicts that I need to go onto an internet forum where other people post stuff and tell them how bad FB is

... do you see the irony of your post ?

#23 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:09

One thing I don't tolerate is annoying people, be they family or friends. When they get annoying I cut them off.

#24 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• 17,003 posts
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:16

(Y) This right here is actually my biggest pet peeve BY FAR on sites like Facebook, etc., as I agree 110%. Who the **** cares what you have to eat, and some people do it for EVERY DAMN MEAL.

The only person who it makes sense to me is my wifes on friend who is actually attending culinary school to be a chef. So she posts pictures to show not only what she cooked, but how she plates the food. That is the pretty much the only scenario I see it being acceptable. perhaps if someone is at a super fancy restaurant, and it is the coolest looking plate in the world, or the most expensive dish they ever purchased, etc.
but your ****ing cheeseburger at the diner or your sushi for dinner? Nope, not cool.

#25 nekkidtruth

nekkidtruth

I'm sorry, do you still exist?

• 1,776 posts
  • Phone: Stock LG Nexus 5

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:23

That is the pretty much the only scenario I see it being acceptable.

So...the above poster who mentioned being part of a club specifically for the purpose of sharing food, is unacceptable? I get that not everyone cares to see any of that, but that doesn't make it useless. If there weren't people interested, something tells me it there would be no one complaining about it. People do it because someone obviously cares.

#26 COKid

COKid

Neowinian Senior

• 3,020 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:24

My wife uses FB and her friends post their entire day. I am taking a shower now. Now I am going shopping. I dropped my kids off at school. this to me is rubbish.

We are living in the "Look at me, look at me" age. I guess I'm old-school, or maybe just old. Call me crazy, but I prefer 1-on-1 interaction. So much of social networking is completely superficial.

#27 Dot Matrix

Dot Matrix

Neowinian Senior

• 10,848 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:27

I'm really getting bothered by people who post pictures of their food on social networks, be it instagram filtered or not, I mean what the hell, why in the world would anyone do it? People who actually "Like" it are as braindead as the person posting it.

Why do these people think we want to see day-to-day what they are eating?

Most of them I can't delete from the contact list as well as I sometimes want/need to talk to them but what would be a nice way to tell em to "F*** sake stop posting this bull"?

Urgh, I could even understand when you're in an expensive restoran or something and taking a picture of how they serve food or what exactly do they serve but home made boiled potatoes with ketchup. YAY!

Bragging. I'll usually post a pic of a new beer I'm trying out.

#28 Raa

Raa

Resident president

• 12,750 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:30

No, it's not just you OP!!

#29 Shiranui

Shiranui

Iconoclast

• 3,909 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:42

Someone posted a picture on facebook, feature a 2 to 3-year old girl with bruises on her face, and in big letters at the top it said

"Are you against child abuse? Like - Yes" Ignore - No :/"

What sad loser sits down and makes these things - trivializing serious issues like this?

Another one show a bald child in a hospital bed with the caption

"Like! if you wish cancer didn't exist"....

FFS!

#30 OP uMadRabbit

uMadRabbit

Neowinian Senior

• 2,647 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:48

Another one show a bald child in a hospital bed with the caption

"Like! if you wish cancer didn't exist"....

FFS!

These kind of people, I'd straight punch in the face.