The Woz: We've Fallen Behind in Smartphones

It's not. If it is, then explain how and in witch ways iOS is more simplicy when the movie i linked to shows that Android is the OS that is all about simplicity between those 2 OS'es.

Anybody with half a brain can see that Android is more complex than iOS.

I have spent a lot of time trying to fix wakelocks that were causing the battery to drain. This is because Android supports uninhibited multitasking. That's just one example of where Android is more complex, of which there are many.

I don't think Android is a particularly complex OS, just MORE complex than iOS.

Android 4.2.1 may be smoother in some areas while iOS may be smoother in some areas. The differences today are so small that it's not noticable for the average user witch means that they wont favour iOS over Android or Android over iOS when it's about smoothness.

The S3 is very smooth but the N7? Not so much. The N7 is always getting stuck whilst scrolling, zooming, panning.

And let me tell you one thing, you are running an old version of Android on your Nexus 7, because one close friend of me have a Nexus 7 with Android 4.2.1. He updated it over-the-air to Android 4.2.1). So check your Nexus 7 for an update there.

Install Android 4.2.1 on your Nexus 7 and come back to me later and tell me if your Nexus 7 is lagging :)

I said I'm running the latest version which I THOUGHT was 4.1.1. I was mistaken about the version number but not that my N7 is running the latest version.

Anybody with half a brain can see that Android is more complex than iOS.

I have spent a lot of time trying to fix wakelocks that were causing the battery to drain. This is because Android supports uninhibited multitasking. That's just one example of where Android is more complex, of which there are many.

I don't think Android is a particularly complex OS, just MORE complex than iOS.

The S3 is very smooth but the N7? Not so much. The N7 is always getting stuck whilst scrolling, zooming, panning.

Android is an advanced OS, i agree on that, but at the same time they keep Android simple to use and clean for the normal users. Anyone with half a brain can easily use an Android phone, simply because there are a tons of peoples using Windows around the world. And any Windows users are capable enough to use Android, because the usage method is about the same in Android and Windows.

That's why someone is saying that iOS is for peoples that are more afraid of technology.

EDIT: About battery issues in Android and iOS. If you get battery issues in iOS, you have to wait on Apple to fix that problem then. In Android however, you can fix that your self. Ofc that will be for more advanced users. But the point is that you don't have to wait on the manufacturer to fix such problems.

Android is an advanced OS, i agree on that, but at the same time they keep Android simple to use and clean for the normal users. Anyone with half a brain can easily use an Android phone, simply because there are a tons of peoples using Windows around the world. And any Windows users are capable enough to use Android, because the usage method is about the same in Android and Windows.

That's why someone is saying that iOS is for peoples that are more afraid of technology.

EDIT: About battery issues in Android and iOS. If you get battery issues in iOS, you have to wait on Apple to fix that problem then. In Android however, you can fix that your self. Ofc that will be for more advanced users. But the point is that you don't have to wait on the manufacturer to fix such problems.

I'm not saying that being able to fix battery issues is a bad thing, just that I don't find iOS has as many issues.

I'm not saying that being able to fix battery issues is a bad thing, just that I don't find iOS has as many issues.

iOS has it's issues and Android has it's issues.