The Woz: We've Fallen Behind in Smartphones

apple iphone

• Please log in to reply
278 replies to this topic

#241 Exynos

Exynos

Android, Samsung & Windows expert

• 544 posts
  • OS: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Professional (64-bit) on my Samsung 9-series (NP900X4C-A01SE) laptop.
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505).

Posted 10 February 2013 - 19:29

You need to cool the attitude, sick of you insinuating that I'm some kind of idiot. I've had Android phones ever since the T-Mobile G1 the first Android phone in 2008, had a few iPhones, iPads, etc... the only two phones I've had that got uncomfortably hot was an overclocked HTC Sensation and the stock speed Galaxy Note.

What attitude?

I'm just telling the facts about the Galaxy Note because i'm using it every day my self.

The fact is that if your Galaxy Note gets that hot while using it normally, you have a bugged program running crazy in the background that you don't know about. But that's not the phone or the OS fault, because it's the programs fault.

EDIT: I have actually experienced this thing sometimes myself. One time was when i was moving from Android 1.6 to Android 2.1. I took a backup of some apps that was made for Android 1.5 and 1.6 when i was using Android 1.6. When i restored that program in Android 2.1, it was going nuts and bugged out in the background and made my phone to be hot and drain the battery faster.

#242 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 19:34

Nothing is running in the background, I'm talking about playing a simple 2d game.

#243 Exynos

Exynos

• 544 posts
  • OS: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Professional (64-bit) on my Samsung 9-series (NP900X4C-A01SE) laptop.

Posted 10 February 2013 - 19:36

Nothing is running in the background, I'm talking about playing a simple 2d game.

Clearly, you don't know how Android works do you :rolleyes:?

#244 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 19:41

Again with the condescension, I am well aware there are background processes still running but they aren't "running crazy" I don't leave apps running in background, I had a mod installed so long press of back button would just kill the process, stop trying to blindly defend a product just because you happen to own one.

#245 Exynos

Exynos

• 544 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 19:45

Again with the condescension, I am well aware there are background processes still running but they aren't "running crazy" I don't leave apps running in background, I had a mod installed so long press of back button would just kill the process, stop trying to blindly defend a product just because you happen to own one.

A bugged program that you don't know it's bugged that you have installed can for sure run crazy pal, even if you have closed it in the 'programs running' menu. Because if a program is made to run in the background, it doesn't help to close the app, because it will restart.

Read this: http://www.howtogeek...ler-on-android/

Again, learn how Android works.

#246 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 19:49

I'm done with you, I'd wager a guess that I have FAR more experience with Android than you'll ever have, stop trying to lecture me on idiotic subjects, I don't use task killer apps.

Go Google Galaxy Note and Hot. A phone shouldn't get that hot playing simple games and watching youtube videos, my cheap and nasty budget ZTE android phone doesn't

But then I should expect nothing more coming from someone who names himself after a Samsung ARM CPU and has Samsung Notebook and Samsung Phone, the almighty Samsung can do no wrong.

#247 Exynos

Exynos

• 544 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 19:53

I'm done with you, I'd wager a guess that I have FAR more experience with Android than you'll ever have, stop trying to lecture me on idiotic subjects, I don't use task killer apps.

Go Google Galaxy Note and Hot. A phone shouldn't get that hot playing simple games and watching youtube videos, my cheap and nasty budget ZTE android phone doesn't

But then I should expect nothing more coming from someone who names himself after a Samsung ARM CPU and has Samsung Notebook and Samsung Phone, the almighty Samsung can do no wrong.

If you don't use task killer apps, then you definitely can't control what kind off apps that are running in the background.

So what makes you think a program you have installed on your phone wont run in the background then, is something i want an explanation on.

#248 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 19:56

Because I don't install crap apps?

I know EXACTLY what goes on my phone. It doesn't run hot all the time, just when the CPU gets taxed a little bit. No phone should become too hot to hold comfortably.

#249 Exynos

Exynos

• 544 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 19:59

Because I don't install crap apps?

I know EXACTLY what goes on my phone. It doesn't run hot all the time, just when the CPU gets taxed a little bit. No phone should become too hot to hold comfortably.

How do you know that the the app you are installing on your phone is going to work or isn't bugged?

#250 Hardcore Til I Die

Hardcore Til I Die

Neowinian Senior

• 3,318 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 20:12

Can't you see how pointless this back and forth crap is. Neither of you is going to convince the other.

News flash: it's okay to have different opinions. You don't need to convince everybody else to like what you like.

#251 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 20:25

I'm not trying to convince him to like something else, I'm trying to open his blinkered eyes.

Makes me laugh how someone who has all Samsung devices and a username of a Samsung product can lecture someone about how they are being sheep and that how their things are better.

I have no allegiances to OSes or companies.

Oh dear only just noticed his member title as well.

#252 Hardcore Til I Die

Hardcore Til I Die

Neowinian Senior

• 3,318 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 20:34

I'm not trying to convince him to like something else, I'm trying to open his blinkered eyes.

Makes me laugh how someone who has all Samsung devices and a username of a Samsung product can lecture someone about how they are being sheep and that how their things are better.

I hear what you're saying but you're not going to convince him. If he wants to think the sun shines out of Samsungs arse then let him.

#253 Exynos

Exynos

• 544 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 20:40

First, there is no one that needs to open my eyes, because i really opened my eyes 4 years ago when i started to use and learn about Android.

The Exynos CPU isn't only used in Samsung smartphones fyi.

Oh yean, i have a Samsung Ultrabook laptop, Samsung smartphone, Samsung LED-TV, Samsung Hi-FI Surround system and Samsung Microwave. Does that makes you angry because i use very good products that isn't priced extremely high and still gives us tons of good things?

LOL, so you think my title is bad when you have 'UNSTOPPABLE' as title?

You seems to be unstoppable no matter what proofs or facts i give you. Like the thing about running apps in the background in Android.

#254 tsupersonic

tsupersonic

Neowinian Senior

• 6,731 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S/Nexus 5

Posted 10 February 2013 - 22:52

Where did I say it was bad for everyone? Obviously everything I post here is what ***i*** think!

Your post was pretty generic, like pointed at all of Android, not specifically your use case.

#255 Hardcore Til I Die

Hardcore Til I Die

Neowinian Senior

• 3,318 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 22:55

Your post was pretty generic, like pointed at all of Android, not specifically your use case.

Well yeah, but my point is I didn't suggest it's like that for everyone.

I shouldn't have to say "in my opinion..." When everything I post is my opinion; it's kinda redundant.