I just bricked my phone...

At a guess I would say it is similar to the "Anal Dwelling Butt Monkey" from Bruce Almighty, only human :laugh:

lol I thought exactly the same!

• Like 2

very much so. samsung's got a good system with Odin :)

I'm not accusing you of trolling or implying anything negative about you or your post, but I want to point out the same system exists for at least Sony phones as well, with Sony Update Service :)

I hope all manufacs provide a similar tool, I've only ever used Xperia phones so I wouldn't know.

I'm not accusing you of trolling or implying anything negative about you or your post, but I want to point out the same system exists for at least Sony phones as well, with Sony Update Service :)

I hope all manufacs provide a similar tool, I've only ever used Xperia phones so I wouldn't know.

ah, didn't realize that sony used it too. haven't got to mess with any sony android devices personally so i wasn't aware

and i agree, more companies need to bake something like odin into their android devices

ah, didn't realize that sony used it too. haven't got to mess with any sony android devices personally so i wasn't aware

and i agree, more companies need to bake something like odin into their android devices

They pretty much all have some kind of equivalent, as far as I know. A lot of phones just use fastboot.

Actually, I don't know how much it's improved recently, but my experience with ODIN is that it's mostly a piece of ****. Incredibly finicky, seemingly just decides not to work on some systems, etc. We always used Heimdall instead of ODIN on when I was doing Captivate and Infuse dev work. I will give it the credit that it always saved me from any problems I might have had, and I flashed those phones probably 1000+ times.

They pretty much all have some kind of equivalent, as far as I know. A lot of phones just use fastboot.

Actually, I don't know how much it's improved recently, but my experience with ODIN is that it's mostly a piece of ****. Incredibly finicky, seemingly just decides not to work on some systems, etc. We always used Heimdall instead of ODIN on when I was doing Captivate and Infuse dev work.

i didn't have much luck with getting Heimdall to work when i tried it. ODIN worked flawlessly for me when i was messing with my Galaxy Tab 2 7"

i guess it's different for everybody which is why it's good that there's options

I would strongly recommend you take the time to thoroughly read through the XDA forums before embarking on such endeavors in the future. Too many half-assed tutorials with loads of misinformation floating around. The S3 is an extremely popular device with a huge developer following. If you take the time to read through the developer forums and even the Question and Answer forums on XDA, nearly all of this would have been avoidable and you also wouldn't have had to endure that sinking feeling in your stomach when you thought you had bricked your phone ;)

Some help:

International S3 (I9300)

AT&T, Rogers, Bell, Telus S3 (I747)

Sprint S3 (L710)

Verizon S3 (I535)

T-Mobile, Wind, Mobilicity S3 (T999)

Yes, there are differences.