budgetgaming

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 threetonesun

threetonesun

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 08 February 2013 - 13:48

Out of that processor list, I'd take the FX4100 myself... if you get a good motherboard to go along with it, you could probably drop the next-gen AMD processor in down the road.

Also, it appears to be the only one that is priced equivalent to what they go for in the US. That i5 would be my second choice.

#32 OP Ishanx

Ishanx

Neowinian

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:58

Out of that processor list, I'd take the FX4100 myself... if you get a good motherboard to go along with it, you could probably drop the next-gen AMD processor in down the road.

Also, it appears to be the only one that is priced equivalent to what they go for in the US. That i5 would be my second choice.

I was planning to buy the FX6300. Would FX4100 make more sense? The website doesn't seem to have the FX6300, so I'll have to get it from somwhere else.

This is my final config more or less: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Cccr I wish I could make it cheaper but it would impact the performance, I think.

#33 threetonesun

threetonesun

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:53

I was planning to buy the FX6300. Would FX4100 make more sense? The website doesn't seem to have the FX6300, so I'll have to get it from somwhere else.

This is my final config more or less: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Cccr I wish I could make it cheaper but it would impact the performance, I think.

You don't need a CPU cooler unless you're overclocking. For gaming, I would think the 4100 and the 6300 would be close in performance.

#34 OP Ishanx

Ishanx

Neowinian

Posted 10 February 2013 - 13:19

You don't need a CPU cooler unless you're overclocking. For gaming, I would think the 4100 and the 6300 would be close in performance.

I heard FX6300 tends to get hot.

Also, yeah, I would be doing things other than gaming like watching 720p mkv videos, some Photoshop, light multi-tasking, college work, etc. I am gessing the 6300 is more fit for this?