Billions Of Earth-Like Planets Near Earth

Let's use me as an example, I never at any point said I have evidence that life exists, I said I'm sure it exists this article agrees with me, there is a good chance. Due to the billions or Earth Like Planets intelligent life probably exists somewhere in this universe. How is that any different than what I was saying? If I had physical evidence I would have presented it. When I present anything like this it's ridiculed quickly without merit. 6 days ago, this was posted on Huffpost. It seems more and more and more that the experts are agreeing with me. But you don't have to, I can't force you to.

You said "any scientist that even thinks intelligent life exists anywhere else in this universe loses all credibility", all Im saying is that isn't true, they don't lose credibility for saying or suggesting that life, intelligent or not, odds wise should exists. Which is very different then what you said.

FTR the article mentions life once and not in a "it agrees with you" kind of way either, this isn't an article about life but about an "estimate" number of planets that fall into the "possible" zone similar to Earth. The article takes liberty with the title by using "Alien Earth", to loosely associate possible life. It's to get attention to the article, which in this case it did.

You said "any scientist that even thinks intelligent life exists anywhere else in this universe loses all credibility", all Im saying is that isn't true, they don't lose credibility for saying or suggesting that life, intelligent or not, odds wise should exists. Which is very different then what you said.

FTR the article mentions life once and not in a "it agrees with you" kind of way either, this isn't an article about life but about an "estimate" number of planets that fall into the "possible" zone similar to Earth. The article takes liberty with the title by using "Alien Earth", to loosely associate possible life. It's to get attention to the article, which in this case it did.

Hold on, mudslag you are smarter than that. You should see my face right now I'm typing with my mouth wide open because I refuse to believe that you are dense (seriously). This is me, the same C-Squarez that in previous topics have talked about alien life and the Disclosure Project which includes scientists talking about alien life and you were one of my biggest detractors. So I'm not sure if you got hacked or something but to disagree with my stance on alien life in one topic and then agree with me in another is telling me that you don't really pay attention to what I say, you just want to disagree. I could be COMPLETELY wrong but that's the only conclusion I can come up with. I can link to our convos. The intro line was to those that follow me from topic to topic just to disagree with me for some reason especially when I talk about alien life. I can link to about 20 quotes of mine in the past week that shows me being a believer in life on other planets.

Whatever your motives are man, I can't figure them out right now. I'm too tired.

Hold on, mudslag you are smarter than that. You should see my face right now I'm typing with my mouth wide open because I refuse to believe that you are dense (seriously). This is me, the same C-Squarez that in previous topics have talked about alien life and the Disclosure Project which includes scientists talking about alien life and you were one of my biggest detractors. So I'm not sure if you got hacked or something but to disagree with my stance on alien life in one topic and then agree with me in another is telling me that you don't really pay attention to what I say, you just want to disagree. I could be COMPLETELY wrong but that's the only conclusion I can come up with. I can link to our convos. The intro line was to those that follow me from topic to topic just to disagree with me for some reason especially when I talk about alien life. I can link to about 20 quotes of mine in the past week that shows me being a believer in life on other planets.

Whatever your motives are man, I can't figure them out right now. I'm too tired.

Im honestly not sure what you're trying to say. I wasn't trying to say that you dont think life exists but that the article isn't about life. I was also stating that credible scientist don't disagree that there is life out there, just that we have no evidence for it currently. So Im not sure what you're confused about.

Honestly, I'd be worried if there weren't "aliens" as Sci-Fi has portrayed them. It would either mean we're the first beings in the universe which means we'd die out eventually or we're the last and the universe itself will just cease to exist.

What if there are planet size aliens? They would be like giant pacmans... pacmen?

Im honestly not sure what you're trying to say. I wasn't trying to say that you dont think life exists but that the article isn't about life. I was also stating that credible scientist don't disagree that there is life out there, just that we have no evidence for it currently. So Im not sure what you're confused about.

Oh I see what's happening now. Okay, I understand what you are saying my friend. I hope you have a great night and I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.

What's funny is, I don't misrepresent myself at all. People are just way too quick to judge and ridicule. I don't eat up every UFO story so we can skip past that. The only UFO stories I have ever taken seriously are ones that can't be easily dismissed. Now if intelligent life exists and have visited planet Earth before which many people believe, how did they get here? Anything I post up has merit but as I said too many are too quick to ridicule and judge without any grounds for their attacks. When I do post about UFO's I post quotes from credible sources. Maybe I AM crazy because I don't understand how any rational person can't grasp something so simple.

The one thing that bugs me about UFO reports, is that people really just don't understand what the term actually MEANS!

Just because a flying object is unidentified doesn't automatically mean it must be aliens from another world. It just means we don't know what it is. :p In most cases the cause is easily explained. In the very few that no explanation IS found, well... That's when we just shrug. It's kinda like religion really. Just because you can't explain something, doesn't mean god did it. :p

• Like 2

The only UFO stories I have ever taken seriously are ones that can't be easily dismissed. Now if intelligent life exists and have visited planet Earth before which many people believe, how did they get here? Anything I post up has merit but as I said too many are too quick to ridicule and judge without any grounds for their attacks. When I do post about UFO's I post quotes from credible sources. Maybe I AM crazy because I don't understand how any rational person can't grasp something so simple.

But again, just because you can't identify a light in the sky doesn't mean it's likely to be a little alien in a spaceship. It could very well be... but it could also be lots of other things.

You might be surprised to hear that I used to be a nutter for UFO stuff, but I gradually became more and more frustrated with the "evidence", because it was the same thing over & over again. Everything was vague & increasingly "mystical", there was never anything definitive.

^ Rational people take 'logic' to extremes, and only follow the pronouncements of Science. ;)

They are just as fanatical about science as Catholics were once fanatical about religion.

ha ha! Yea, objective evaluation & sound logic can really cloud ones judgement. Best to rely on instinct & wishful thinking. /s

• Like 1

But again, just because you can't identify a light in the sky doesn't mean it's likely to be a little alien in a spaceship. It could very well be... but it could also be lots of other things.

You might be surprised to hear that I used to be a nutter for UFO stuff, but I gradually became more and more frustrated with the "evidence", because it was the same thing over & over again. Everything was vague & increasingly "mystical", there was never anything definitive.

Completely agree with that. My problem is, and has always been, whenever the topic comes up, a few people on here call you crazy if you even entertain the idea. That's ignorance in it's purest form. As I've stated before, I've never said every unexplained thing is a UFO, I said that in my opinion, there is enough evidence to prove they do exist. But that's just me and I guess we can say people will believe what they want. Some people will see a blurry photo and say it's too blurry, they want a better picture. Then they get a better picture and scream Photoshop. That's an irrational person but they don't know it yet.

When I talk about UFO's, check my posts, I talk about credible witnesses who's testimonies are beyond reproach. If I'm citing incredibly credible people who have all the accolades are in a position to have an educated opinion on this stuff, there should be no reason I'm still being called crazy. The great thing is, that doesn't bother me since I'm not the one making the claims. I'm just the one pointing in the direction of the ones making the claims and telling people to prove them wrong. They can't so they resort to personal attacks. intelligence at it's finest...

I'm not sure I believe billions. Millions, maybe.

We'll send you around in a spaceship to take the Galactic census. ;)

ha ha! Yea, objective evaluation & sound logic can really cloud ones judgement. Best to rely on instinct & wishful thinking. /s

People easily overlook that much of Science is based on mere unproven theories and wishful thinking.

I stand by the statement that many humans are just as fanatical about science, as they were once obsessed with religions.

People easily overlook that much of Science is based on mere unproven theories and wishful thinking.

I stand by the statement that many humans are just as fanatical about science, as they were once obsessed with religions.

And you type that on a device made possible by our understanding of the natural laws of the universe.

• Like 2

When you say most of science, what do you mean? Could you qualify that. I also do no agree with the fanaticism part.

Science is more than just theoretical physics which is only 1 part of science as a whole. Take for example biological science. How many theories go unproven or untested? I would hazard a guess, not many as experimentation is able to be done and observed relatively immediately. Geology, Chemistry, Mathematics etc... But even with theoretical physics, the untested theories which are backed up by strong mathematics aren't just mere unproven theories. They are strong, yet to be observed, theories. Mainstream science doesn't just accept theories at face value without serious reviewing and questioning. Even after observation may have proved the theory correct, it is still scrutinized for decades before mainstream acceptance.

When you say most of science, what do you mean? Could you qualify that. I also do not agree with the fanaticism part.

People simply accept whatever Darwin, NASA, Carl Sagan, Hawking, the 'government' agencies, tell them.

Whether it really makes sense, fits the evidence, or defys logic.

Many people do not think for themselves.

While there certainly are a lot of good things coming from Science, there are also many incorrect theories thrown around as fact.

It is a shame to see humans being mislead, fooled, even lied to.

Many discoveries that would make Earth life far more pleasant, are being hidden, suppressed, destroyed.

Present science is being controlled out of fear and greed.

And even scarier, 'they' don't want you to wake up to a true understanding.

You will see Science change greatly over time, as the spiritual side of the Universe is finally recognized.

And as always, you are all free to agree or disagree as you choose.

People simply accept whatever Darwin, NASA, Carl Sagan, Hawking, the 'government' agencies, tell them.

Whether it really makes sense, fits the evidence, or defys logic.

Many people do not think for themselves.

While there certainly are a lot of good things coming from Science, there are also many incorrect theories thrown around as fact.

It is a shame to see humans being mislead, fooled, even lied to.

Many discoveries that would make Earth life far more pleasant, are being hidden, suppressed, destroyed.

Present science is being controlled out of fear and greed.

And even scarier, 'they' don't want you to wake up to a true understanding.

You will see Science change greatly over time, as the spiritual side of the Universe is finally recognized.

And as always, you are all free to agree or disagree as you choose.

Could you name those incorrect theories people use as facts?

I believe in Alien life, I've watched the movies...

Also, if we really are the only life form in the whole vastness of space, that's one hell of a waste of space.

Here's another, throughout the history of the written word (I use the term word loosely, <I'm also describing hieroglyphics as a form of written documentation or word>) there have been approx. 3000 life forms not recognised as human, but above human, some were even concidered as deities, Humans in those ancient times weren't exactly neanderthals, so if there is any truth to those documents, they must (or at least did) exist. Hell if there's another earth like planet, then it stands to reason life, possibly even what we accept as the norm here. Exists there as well...

I believe in Alien life, I've watched the movies...

Also, if we really are the only life form in the whole vastness of space, that's one hell of a waste of space.

Here's another, throughout the history of the written word (I use the term word loosely, <I'm also describing hieroglyphics as a form of written documentation or word>) there have been approx. 3000 life forms not recognised as human, but above human, some were even concidered as deities, Humans in those ancient times weren't exactly neanderthals, so if there is any truth to those documents, they must (or at least did) exist. Hell if there's another earth like planet, then it stands to reason life, possibly even what we accept as the norm here. Exists there as well...

By that logic Harry Potter, Superman, SpiderMan, Thor, Unicorns, Mr. Hanky ect should have existed.

Definitely has it backwards. Statistically, there HAS to be extra-terrestrial life. Whether it's intelligent or not remains to be seen, but there's a significant positive possibility that there is, somewhere.

There doesn't HAVE to be life somewhere else... Statistically speaking, the odds of the chain of events that happened to create earth as we know it were, quite frankly, unable to be calculated, due to the fact that 1. we have no idea how many planets there are in the (ever expanding) universe, 2. we don't know of any that have life and thus 3. The only logical conclusion is that, until it is proven otherwise, we are the only planet in the universe that HAS to have life...because it does. Until proven otherwise, you can't call your statement anything other than a guess.