"Zombieland" TV Pilot lands 2 Actors

Zombieland_Cast.jpg

After news that Amazon Studios and Sony TV would be producing the pilot for the Zombieland series, some casting and plot information became available. Now, it looks like two of the four leads have been filled. Tyler Ross (Milkshake) will play Columbus (portrayed in the 2009 film by Jesse Eisenberg) while up-and-comer Izabela Vidovic (Help for the Holidays) will star as Little Rock (played by Abigail Breslin in the feature). Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick wrote the feature script as well as that of the pilot, which continues the post-apocalyptic adventures of the foursome that also includes Tallahassee and Wichita.

http://collider.com/zombieland-pilot-cast-tyler-ross-izabela-vidovic/

0Lkrwje.jpg

Amazon has officially landed its latest lead for its impending ZOMBIELAND pilot.

SWITCHED AT BIRTH's Maiara Walsh has signed on for the role of con-girl 'Wichita,' originally played by Emma Stone in the 2009 film, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Walsh joins Sundance star Tyler Ross, who will play 'Columbus,' (previously Jesse Eisenberg) the narrator of the series. Abigail Breslin's character, 'Little Rock,' sister of 'Wichita,' has gone to showbiz newcomer Izabela Vidovic. As of now, the final lead, 'Tallahassee,' has yet to be cast.

Writers Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick penned the ZOMBIELAND pilot and executive produce with the movie's producer, Gavin Polone.

ZOMBIELAND told the story of an off-beat kid trying to reach his parents in Ohio following a zombie outbreak. The film starred Eisenberg, Woody Harrelson, Stone, and Breslin.

Walsh has previously appeared on DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES, THE VAMPIRE DIARIES, and MEAN Girls 2.

(http://tv.broadwayworld.com/article/SWITCHED-AT-BIRTHs-Maiara-Walsh-Lands-Lead-in-Amazons-ZOMBIELAND-20130211)

I hope they retain the humorous subplots, and a cameo by Bill Murray in the pilot would be kewl :)

If they're continuing the story from the film, then that wouldn't work, since they

killed him

Looks like their casting for a Disney show....This will make it about half a season before its canned unless they have the right cast.

I dunno Amazon can't get the original cast, would cost to much and they probably aren't around.

Would rather have a new film than a series, we have Walking Dead that's enough zombies

I dunno Amazon can't get the original cast, would cost to much and they probably aren't around.

Would rather have a new film then a series, we have Walking Dead that's enough zombies

Truth has been spoken. I too would rather have another film than another zombie show.

Would rather have a new film than a series, we have Walking Dead that's enough zombies

I suspect that the reason they're doing a series is because they couldn't get the cast back together to get it filmed (for whatever reason(s)). Also, Walking Dead doesn't have the same humor and a series would, hopefully, last long than just one more film. I think it can work, just depends on how well these actors do and will they have the chemistry that the original cast did with each other?

• 1 month later...
SEATTLE?March 25, 2013?Amazon Studios, the original movie and series production arm of Amazon.com, today announced it will add cult classic Zombieland to the line-up of pilots already in production for Prime Instant Video. Zombieland, which is the seventh comedy pilot added to Amazon?s pilot line-up, will be made available (along with the other six comedy pilots and six children?s pilots) for free on Amazon Instant Video and LOVEFiLM UK. Customers are invited to view the pilots and then review them on the site; customer feedback will help determine which of the 13 pilots Amazon Studios will make into full-season productions, to air on Prime Instant Video.

?Zombieland is a fan favorite and we can?t wait to see where this story line goes in a serialized format,? said Roy Price, Director of Amazon Studios. ?We?ve been announcing a lot of exciting exclusive content for Prime Instant Video, like Downton Abbey, Under the Dome, and Justified, and we think adding original shows to that lineup is going to make Prime even more enticing for customers.?

Zombieland is based on the hit Columbia Pictures movie of the same name, and finds four survivors outwitting zombies and searching for a place to call home. The Zombieland pilot comes from the feature film?s original creative team, writers Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick (G.I. Joe: Retaliation, The Joe Schmo Show), and producer Gavin Polone (Gilmore Girls, Curb Your Enthusiasm). Eli Craig (Tucker and Dale vs. Evil) is directing the pilot.

The part of Tallahassee will be played by Kirk Ward (The Island), Maiara Walsh (Desperate Housewives, Switched at Birth,) is cast as Wichita, Tyler Ross (Milkshake) will play Columbus, and Izabela Vidovic has the role of Little Rock.

?Zombieland will strive to break the rules?action, adventure, thrills, chills and laughs and all packed into a half hour format, said creator Paul Wernick. ?This is not your average show but Amazon is not your average network.?

Comprehensive cast and crew information, including bios and filmographies, is available on Amazon?s IMDb (www.imdb.com), the world?s most popular and authoritative source for movie, TV and celebrity content.

Amazon Studios, the original movie and series production arm of Amazon.com, has begun production on six comedy pilots, Alpha House, Browsers, Dark Minions, Onion News Empire, Supanatural and Those Who Can?t. Additionally, six children?s series are also currently in production, including Creative Galaxy, Oz Adventures, Teeny Tiny Dogs, Tumbleaf, Sara Solves It, and The Untitled J.J. Johnson Project.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/03/zombieland-pilot-press-release.html

Harrelson looked like a fearless guy, whereas the new Tallahassee looks like what Eisenberg's Columbus was, a reclusive awkward guy, but the new Columbus looks too "attractive" to be that. And the girls, they just look wrong. The entire cast is just totally wrong to be the same characters. They don't fit.

They should have created a new set of characters within the same universe.

not sure how i feel about how they are handling it, i agree that they should just follow a different group.

As long as the acting is ok and the storyline is good I don't care, I'll watch it :D. Good thing I got my free Love Film 1 year from TalkTalk!

As long as the acting is ok and the storyline is good I don't care, I'll watch it :D. Good thing I got my free Love Film 1 year from TalkTalk!

I have no idea what I am reading here...

Harrelson looked like a fearless guy, whereas the new Tallahassee looks like what Eisenberg's Columbus was, a reclusive awkward guy, but the new Columbus looks too "attractive" to be that. And the girls, they just look wrong. The entire cast is just totally wrong to be the same characters. They don't fit.

They should have created a new set of characters within the same universe.

It seems they reversed everyone's characters...also Little Rock looks about 10 now

KcW7.gif

Haha, I can watch any crap. As long as it doesn't involve gross stuff I can watch any babble on TV :p.