Yandex overtakes Bing

Russia?s Yandex overtakes Microsoft in world wide searching

Russia?s Yandex search engine has pushed Microsoft?s Bing aside in global search statistics, climbing to fourth place after Google, Baidu and Yahoo!

?The world-wide search statistics are compiled by comScore?s qsearch.

The trend started November, Yandex representative Tatyana Komarova told Vedomosti daily. Then Yandex processed 4.62 billion search requests compared to Microsoft?s 4.48 billion requests that meant each had roughly a 2.6 percent share. In December the trend continued, as Yandex handled 4.84 billion requests (2.8 percent share) and Microsoft 4.48 billion (2.5 percent share). In the number of unique searchers the companies change places ? in December with Microsoft having 268.6 million, and Yandex just 74.4 million.

The growth in searches through Yandex happened because of increase of Russian internet use, according to Komarova. The Russian segment grew 17% in 2012 up to 42.2 million users.

Even through it improved its performance worldwide Moscow-based Yandex NV (YNDX) is a long way behind Google, which retains its position of the world?s search leader. Google handled 114.73 billion requests in December for a 65.2 percent market share. China?s Baidu came next with 14.5 billion (8.2 percent), followed by Yahoo with 8.63 billion (4.9 percent).

I'm trying desperately hard to make a witty remark about Tim copying your post, but I'm failing (overtired and not thinking straight)

<please imagine a witty, funny and thoughtful remark here>

I'm trying desperately hard to make a witty remark about Tim copying your post, but I'm failing (overtired and not thinking straight)

<please imagine a witty, funny and thoughtful remark here>

A lot of times post appear other places as well as the FP. Sometimes FP posts get made first.

Anyway, always found that Google had better search results and I can find what I am looking for easier as well. If Bing improves this, then I will try them out again. For now, I am happy with Google.

• Like 1