• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mr.XXIV

Mr.XXIV

Shine bright like Iron Man.

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 08 February 2013 - 19:04

I don't want to say too much as this has been discussed before on Neowin and I'll explain everything more and what's asked to those want to be a part of the project.

The project is called MyLovr (mylovr.com) where it'll basically be a Dating/Friendship | Social Network. I want it to create several features that give the user a better ability to understand themselves along with the ones they'd hope to meet on the site. At the start, it will run on Symfony2 until a framework of our own can be created. Some people may not agree with going this way but I believe things will be done quicker this way. I have a lot on the site that's done and it's basically the user features and the profile editing pages that need work.

Some features needed for this Symfony2 project (Just to name a few):
- Image Upload / Gallery (For users that need more than one image)
- Message Bundle (Implemented, but not easily queryable at the moment as far as using mongodb / orm load / class problems)
- User Search / List (Loop functional. No Custom Queries implemented.)
- AJAX overall / Possible <noscript> features
- Notifications
- Personality Tests to measure Lovr's comparison with others.
- Facebook / Twitter Login / Share / Invite
- Location, Zip Code, Miles, etc

Posted Image

#2 OP Mr.XXIV

Mr.XXIV

Posted 09 February 2013 - 21:43

I might consider doing this project from scratch, to take advantage of PHP 5.5 and other latest.

#3 +Matthew S.

Matthew S.

Your worst nightmare

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: iPhone 4S

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:58

I would advise against that for now and stick with Symfony2 (or any PSR-0 framework) as PHP 5.5 is still in it's alpha stage of development.

#4 OP Mr.XXIV

Mr.XXIV

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:26

I would advise against that for now and stick with Symfony2 (or any PSR-0 framework) as PHP 5.5 is still in it's alpha stage of development.

I'm aware of 5.5 in Alpha, there was a feature such as the new Password API that I probably wanted to take advantage of. Some people here wanted to go through with this from scratch, which by then, the release of 5.5 Stable would be out, but I prefer Symfony to make it quicker. The coding is %25-%50 done as far as the basics go. User features really do need work, the paging and queries.

I hope to get some good people on here who want to work on it with me as I have a home server. I want to make use of Symfony at least til I'm able to create a more advanced, lighter, and more suitable framework made for just MyLovr.

#5 AnthonySterling

AnthonySterling

Offering bad advice since 23-December 04.

Posted 10 February 2013 - 17:31

Take a look at the FOSUserBundle for User centric operations (Registrations, Auth et al).

#6 OP Mr.XXIV

Mr.XXIV

Posted 10 February 2013 - 17:43

Take a look at the FOSUserBundle for User centric operations (Registrations, Auth et al).

I already have that implemented with working queries. :)

It's the Message Bundle that I'm worried about along with the pages and forms that needs to be corrected in the User Bundle.