Ban any form of racism in United States

minimum wage jobs were never meant to be careers, that fallacy has been force fed to us for awhile. anyone without the ambition, who's willing to settle into an entry level job without seeking to improve their circumstance, doesn't deserve more money.

^ Not everyone has the intelligence and abilities (or money to train) to get much better jobs.

And there are not enough 'better' jobs out there for all who want one. ;)

^ Not everyone has the intelligence and abilities (or money to train) to get much better jobs.

Most who have really done well for themselves didn't have it handed to them. Neither Gates or Zuckerberg finished college. It doesn't take a genius, just a little bit of drive.

There is Financial aide available to those that cannot afford it. In some states if you are a resident, the tuition to a state school is free.

Say What?

OP needs to be smacked with it til he understands racism is free speech/expression. He doesn't have to like that it exists but this is as bad the petition seeking Piers Morgan's deportation.

Why the United States only? Anyway, these online petitions are nothing more than feel-good measures. They have very little practical value.

As I'm sure you know, racism has been around since biblical times. Sadly, it's part of human nature.

I don't agree it is part of human nature.

I always thought racism is illegal throughout the world.

It bores me that we have people called white (Caucasian) that do not like people that are called black (even though they're skin colour is brown) and vice versa.

We had two world wars to which people of all colours joined up to defeat Nazi's, you know those that wanted a white. blonde haired, blue eyed only super race.

68 years since the end of the last huge war, WWII, this crap still happens.

How sad.

Why not get thicker skin and stop trying to convince our representatives to pass laws to control social interactions? I'm not racist in any way, but we don't need any laws controlling whether or not a person is allowed to be racist. Some people are, and some people aren't, that's just the way things are, and the way things have been since the dawn of man. If you don't like a person's viewpoints, don't interact with them, there's no need to start trying to throw people in jail because you disagree with them.

I'm all for trying to make the world a better, nicer place. But who is gonna be the ones who decide what is racist or not?

If I say I think Asian women are sexy, do I go to jail, or get a fine? Racism works both ways, not many people get made when it is used in positive ways.

yes. I knew that USA always racist against deaf people who are having hard time to find a real job for many years. Deaf american people sell ABC card to many hearing people accross the USA.

I'm all for trying to make the world a better, nicer place. But who is gonna be the ones who decide what is racist or not?

If I say I think Asian women are sexy, do I go to jail, or get a fine? Racism works both ways, not many people get made when it is used in positive ways.

No you won't go to Jail.

Racism is defined as: The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

If you fancy a bit of Asian snatch then good for you as I personally think, that Bengali, Pakistani, Indian and Sri Lank-an are the finest looking brown sugar on this planet.

yes. I knew that USA always racist against deaf people who are having hard time to find a real job for many years. Deaf american people sell ABC card to many hearing people accross the USA.

I can understand your point, however, deafness is not a race but would actually be classified as a condition that what you are describing would actually be considered discrimination which being deaf is not race related.

Ethnicity would be race related but being deaf is a medical condition.

What you are describing is discrimination not racism.

Onto the topic:

This is really the question at hand.

Who would be the defining party as to what is racism and who would be the enforcement division?

I mean we have a ban on illegal drugs but that is not going so well and costs money to enforce.

That would be the problem with a "ban" on that.

I mean would you for example:

Arrest and take to trial a rapper because he uses a term that if anyone else said it would be considered racist? or arrest a teen because he or she is copying the lyrics of a song? Would you impound that record turning it into the underground market? I mean look a the cop killer album it was banned originally but now is a top selling album. It had serious lyrics in it.

I'll lump this in with those silly USA commercials about hate and intolerance; I think they're stupid because they imply that you can stop a person from hating someone. As long as man still has free will there will be hate. Same as with racism and any other form of intolerance.

It's not something that can just be "fixed", and banning it surely won't help, since we already have laws in this country banning discrimination and you see how well that's worked.

We could eliminate most, just shut up Sharpton, Farrakhan, and Jackson, and 90% of the "racism" claims in the country immediately disappear, since in all reality it isn't in the first place

I can see the OP had good will...but it is poorly thought out. There is no way I'm going to sign a petition which would further limit rights...much less one that is wide open for interpretation.

As others have mentioned here...if you start banning free speech...what is next?

I can see the OP had good will...but it is poorly thought out. There is no way I'm going to sign a petition which would further limit rights...much less one that is wide open for interpretation.

As others have mentioned here...if you start banning free speech...what is next?

People should have free speech as long as they are not intending to use it to harm any human being.

Freedom of speech does not include the right:

1. To incite actions that would harm others.
    Schenck v. United States, 249 U.S. 47 (1919).
  2. To make or distribute obscene materials.
    Roth v. United States, 354 U.S. 476 (1957).
  3. To burn draft cards as an anti-war protest.
    United States v. O?Brien, 391 U.S. 367 (1968).
  4. To permit students to print articles in a school newspaper over the objections of the school administration.
    Hazelwood School District v. Kuhlmeier, 484 U.S. 260 (1988).
  5. Of students to make an obscene speech at a school-sponsored event.
    Bethel School District #43 v. Fraser, 478 U.S. 675 (1986).
  6. Of students to advocate illegal drug use at a school-sponsored event.
    Morse v. Frederick, __ U.S. __ (2007).

I might revise my petition and make it more direct. Still, I will try my very best to get the signatures to lock down on racism. America needs more authority and I for one somewhat agree with the gun law. The amendments I feel need to be updated. A lot of Americans abuse and use it to get away with things. That needs to come to a stop.

I agree with what John S said earlier in the thread - you cannot "ban" thoughts and feelings, which is what racism is. You are either racist or you are not, a government saying "You cannot be racist it is illegal" will do nothing. As long as you do nothing to draw attention to it, like protests in the streets etc, then nothing could be done, but the racism will still be there and done in less intrusive ways.

This country is becoming a nation of cry-babies. You do not like racism? Great, most normal people do not. So therefore, do not be racist. I think the vast majority of religion is absolutely useless, but I do support the right to believe and practice what you want as long as it is not physically harming others. If somebody wants to be hateful, it is on them.

Let me just mention though that these sort of issues tend to work themselves out. Sure, you may find a highly concentrated group of racist rednecks somewhere in Texas gathering their KKK members for a rally. Very rarely, though. Society tends to separate these people before they are even able to separate themselves. Good luck getting a decent job as an outspoken racist. Even where I live, there are probably no more than a handful of non-whites in a 10-mile radius, but you can guarantee racism is not tolerated.

I'm intrigued. How would this come about? I mean, how would it be enforced? What gets classed as racism? If I sit here and say, "I am white" am I being racist? If someone after me then says, "you are white" are they being racist?

Basically, the idea of racism is vague when trying to apply general rules, and even if it wasn't vague, there would be little way to prevent it. I'm not saying that I want racism to continue, I'm just saying that a petition to the White House doesn't sound like it's going to do much to change things.

EDIT: I just went to the webpage to see if there was any other information. The information that jumped out at me was the following: Total signatures on this petition: 2

It looks like I'm not alone in my thinking that this is an impossible task to implement.

Racism isn't just about skin color, it's part of the human psyche. It's in our behavior, part of our species, like in the rest of the animal kingdom.

Look at young kids at a playground. At a certain age they start to realise the other kid is 'different'.

Doesn't have to be different skin color, but differently dressed, talks different, hair color etc. etc. etc.

That kid is taken out of the group, ignored and bullied if worse.

Is that rasicm... yes. And it happens all over the globe.

Different part of town, you get the looks. Different city, you get the looks. Different country... etc. etc.

There's NO way to get that out of our society and culture, as it is part of what we are, human.

minimum wage jobs were never meant to be careers, that fallacy has been force fed to us for awhile. anyone without the ambition, who's willing to settle into an entry level job without seeking to improve their circumstance, doesn't deserve more money.

but back to the topic, there's no way either side would ever agree to something like banning thought. we'd all give up our freedoms the moment we decide what people should say or think.

So you'd be cool with me burning a bible? And just FYI some people don't have the skills to do more than entry level jobs. The republican utopia of a country where everybody's rich is economically impossible. Entry level jobs make up the bulk of a workforce, they will always be needed especially in service industries and somebody has to do them. Not everyone has the ability to become a CEO or executive, and most people doing entry level jobs work far harder than most pen pushers anyway. The fact they're low end jobs doesn't mean people should not be entitled to the same rights as everyone else.