Ban any form of racism in United States

ban racism united states

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#16 1941

Banned

• 18,175 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:07

From what I have seen, racism is taught by ones parents. Just like slavery is no longer an issue, the people that support it just had to die out over the course of a couple generations . Time will take care of this generation too since segregation was only a short 50-60 years ago. The only people that seem to be racist now a days in my experience are the uneducated and elderly.

Slavery is no longer an issue in the Civilized wold but there are parts of Africa that still use it.

#17 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

• 8,369 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:09

We still have slavery, they renamed it to 'Minimum wage jobs working 12 hour shifts packing pita breads' :shiftyninja:

#18 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,666 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:09

Slavery is no longer an issue in the Civilized wold but there are parts of Africa that still use it.

^ And fast food restaurants. :shifty:

#19 1941

Banned

• 18,175 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:11

We still have slavery, they renamed it to 'Minimum wage jobs working 12 hour shifts packing pita breads' :shiftyninja:

That is not slavery, the person chose to work there. The minimum wage here is not that low. When I was say 18 it was $0.65 cents an hour. Slaves are not paid anything.

#20 Enron

Enron

Windows for Workgroups

• 9,369 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:12

That still beats working at Foxconn!

#21 PGHammer

PGHammer

Neowinian Senior

• 8,748 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:19

Why the United States only? Anyway, these online petitions are nothing more than feel-good measures. They have very little practical value.

As I'm sure you know, racism has been around since biblical times. Sadly, it's part of human nature.

True - and racism/ethnicism is FAR from unique to the United States; if anything, the EU (and even the Middle East) are worse. (Look at how the Assads in Syria, and Saddam Hussein in Iraq, got into power in the first place - and largely how they kept it; and Quaddafi in Libya was no better.) As much as criticizing the United States is seen as *cool*, at least the United States generally makes an honest effort to enshrine equality in the law for all races and ethnic backgrounds, though they could do better - as *bad* as our effort is, it's still better than that most anywhere else.

No - I am not defending the effort of the United States absolutely - notice that I said it could be better. I am simply saying that outside critics of the United States on those grounds should take a better look at their own country's practices before criticizing those of the United States. You may well find us the *cleanest shirt* in the hamper there as well - and I take no pleasure at all in it.

#22 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

• 8,369 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:19

That is not slavery, the person chose to work there. The minimum wage here is not that low. When I was say 18 it was $0.65 cents an hour. Slaves are not paid anything.

Twas a jok..... NM

#23 Cheatyface

Cheatyface

Did I cheat? No. ....Yes.

• 589 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:46

Sounds to me like someone needs to be bitch-slapped with a rolled up copy of the Constitution.

#24 vetJohn S.

John S.

 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

• 19,541 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:59

minimum wage jobs were never meant to be careers, that fallacy has been force fed to us for awhile. anyone without the ambition, who's willing to settle into an entry level job without seeking to improve their circumstance, doesn't deserve more money.

but back to the topic, there's no way either side would ever agree to something like banning thought. we'd all give up our freedoms the moment we decide what people should say or think.

#25 TPreston

TPreston

Neowinian Senior

• 2,557 posts
  • OS: Windows 8.1 Enterprise & Server 2012R2/08R2 Datacenter
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 1520

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:02

The racists have retreated to stormfront theyre dead, Homophobes are next this is a non issue.

#26 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,666 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:03

minimum wage jobs were never meant to be careers, that fallacy has been force fed to us for awhile. anyone without the ambition, who's willing to settle into an entry level job without seeking to improve their circumstance, doesn't deserve more money.

^ Not everyone has the intelligence and abilities (or money to train) to get much better jobs.

And there are not enough 'better' jobs out there for all who want one. ;)

#27 vetJohn S.

John S.

 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

• 19,541 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:07

^ Not everyone has the intelligence and abilities (or money to train) to get much better jobs.

And there are not enough 'better' jobs out there for all who want one. ;)

Most who have really done well for themselves didn't have it handed to them. Neither Gates or Zuckerberg finished college. It doesn't take a genius, just a little bit of drive.

#28 Torolol

Torolol

• 2,918 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:09

and in Libya, blacks are called "Abd" by white-er Arabs,
and "Abd" means slaves in arabic.

#29 1941

Banned

• 18,175 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:16

Sounds to me like someone needs to be bitch-slapped with a rolled up copy of the Constitution.

Say What?

#30 ew2x4

ew2x4

Neowinian

• 666 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:17

I've started a petition and need your help Neowinians. Please share this link with others -> https://petitions.wh...d-more/589sc1yy

Posted Image

Replace "racism" with "free speech".