ban racism united states

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#61 jjkusaf

jjkusaf

Deadhead

• 1,085 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:14

Does this mean banning movies which talk about the issue of racism and depict racism and racist views?

Looks like it. "Ban any form of racism in the United States. For example signs, rallies, /snip, entertainment, and more."

#62 +chconline

chconline

I review, not promote.

• 13,153 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:19

Lol ban racism. Let's ban freedom of thought too.

This is not like 60 years ago where Chinese people cannot enter certain parks, or Jewish people is exterminated from Germany. I think racial profiling is perfectly natural, whether it is right or wrong. Everyone has their own stereotypes that are true to certain extent, like all Jewish people are rich business people, Asians are good at math, black people run fast, etc.

And before you think I am a KKK member or something, I'm not. I'm Chinese, born in Hong Kong, and live in Canada. Just being objective and realistic here.

#63 Richard C.

Richard C.

Neowinian Senior

• 3,647 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:15

Whilst I abhor racism I cannot support anything that restricts free speech, that particular cookie is under enough threat as it is

#64 Defcon

Defcon

Neowinian

• 214 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:24

Racism is a human trait, you can't ban it. Those who are racist will continue to practice their hatred, if the law forbids it there are plenty of ways to still do it. Which is exactly what happens already as the law forbids discrimination based on race.

#65 +zhiVago

zhiVago

World Citizen

• 9,318 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 13:07

To get rid of racism, two things must happen:

- the propaganda and propagation of racism must stop. It's everywhere. It's engrained in culture (the children copy the actions, words, jokes of their parents). It's in the biology textbooks in schools when pupils study human classification (negroid, mongoloid, caucasian, etc). It's in the mass media when they report the criminal news ("a latino guy shot a black guy" instead of saying one human being killed another one). It's in the frigging cosmetics commercials when they advertise a new line of make-up for the ... asian skin tone.
- the sooner the people start to interact with the others - the more tolerant to each others' differences they will be...they'll actually come to realize there's none as we all want and need the same.

Sadly, it's part of human nature.

Racism is a human trait, you can't ban it.

I strongly disagree.

The human babies are not born racist - they learn about this concept from someone else as they grow up.

p.s. There's only one race - the human race.

#66 The Laughing Man

The Laughing Man

Neowinian Senior

• 2,964 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 13:13

To get rid of racism, two things must happen:

- the propaganda and propagation of racism must stop. It's everywhere. It's engrained in culture (the children copy the actions, words, jokes of their parents). It's in the biology textbooks in schools when pupils study human classification (negroid, mongoloid, caucasian, etc). It's in the mass media when they report the criminal news ("a latino guy shot a black guy" instead of saying one human being killed another one). It's in the frigging cosmetics commercials when they advertise a new line of make-up for the ... asian skin tone.
- the sooner the people start to interact with the others - the more tolerant to each others' differences they will be...they'll actually come to realize there's none.

I strongly disagree.

The human babies are not born racist - they learn about this concept from someone else as they grow up.

p.s. There's only one race - the human race.

What he said, racism isn't something you are born with, You are born into it, rather inherited by your parents/guardians. It's their views that are brought upon you as you grow up.