Cheap In-Ear Headphones

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:42

I have the Klipsch Image s4 and like them.

#17 giantpotato

giantpotato

Neowinian Senior

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:53

Did not know that, is a receipt required? Becuase I don't have that lol

I didn't need one when I had to RMA mine. You can find the RMA form here http://ca.skullcandy.com/rma

#18 OP +bman

bman

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:55

Yea I just filled out all the information, they gave me an RMA, but of course it's 4 to 6 weeks, and it's basically store credit.

So I will still pick up another pair. Just not sure which one yet lol

#19 Denis W.

Denis W.

The True North!

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: iPhone 4S

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:28

Got me this set last fall. Works a treat. Good bass and blocks out almost all noise. :) The vi variant has an iDevice remote (which is pretty crappy, but it gets the job done usually) and there is another variant for Android devices and the plain non-remote variant. The microphone gets the job done but I find that it's even worse than the stock Apple earbuds for picking up your voice - you kinda have to raise the microphone to your mouth.

It's a bit above your price point. But it's Logitech and you've heard enough about their generous warranty policies.

#20 +Xinok

Xinok

Resident Reresident

• Phone: Galaxy S3 (Wicked)

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:00

I bought the CX300s a while back but I returned them because I thought they produced too much bass. Instead, I opted for these earbuds and have been happy with them ever since: link. They sound great for only being $7, and while some of the other buds mentioned likely sound better, it's hard to beat that price.

#21 CrashGordon

CrashGordon

The Perfect Threesome: Lime, Salt & Tequila

• Phone: Jackson JS3 Kelly Bird IV through a Fender Rumble 150. Can ya hear me now?

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:40

too much bass? Most over-the-ear type can't provide ENOUGH bass and not sound muddy (as a bass player I might be slightly more picky) much less in-ear ones. For 7 bucks they're worth a shot, for a ipod or phone they'll probably do fine

#22 OP +bman

bman

Neowinian Senior

Posted 09 February 2013 - 15:40

Well, thanks everyone for the suggestions.

In the end I am going to RMA my Skullcandies, and wait for them to get that done with.

In the meantime, I am going to pick up this $10 pair and hope they are fine to last me until I can get my Skullcandies, or maybe I get fed up and pick one of the offered here after awhile lol

#23 teknix360

teknix360

Neowinian

• Phone: Galaxy Nexus, Moto G

Posted 09 February 2013 - 18:55

I like the JVC Gumy ear buds for cheapies with good quality. They are $10 or less in store. A bit cheaper on Amazon .

I have a pair of expensive Technics and a pair of mid-range Sennhesiers. I like good sound. But when I am just out running around and need a pair to throw in my bag or pocket, I go with these cheap Gumy's because they have decent sound for being so damn cheap.

#24 OP +bman

bman

Neowinian Senior

Posted 09 February 2013 - 20:01

I like the JVC Gumy ear buds for cheapies with good quality. They are $10 or less in store. A bit cheaper on Amazon .

I have a pair of expensive Technics and a pair of mid-range Sennhesiers. I like good sound. But when I am just out running around and need a pair to throw in my bag or pocket, I go with these cheap Gumy's because they have decent sound for being so damn cheap.

The problem with those kinds of headphones is that they aren't in-ear, even if they are called that, they aren't. What I mean is, needs to have a changeable/squishy ear piece, that can be pushed in, not hard. Most of the time that kind does not fit my ears good.

#25 teknix360

teknix360

Neowinian

• Phone: Galaxy Nexus, Moto G

Posted 09 February 2013 - 21:43

The problem with those kinds of headphones is that they aren't in-ear, even if they are called that, they aren't. What I mean is, needs to have a changeable/squishy ear piece, that can be pushed in, not hard. Most of the time that kind does not fit my ears good.

Ahhhh, I see. I have the opposite problem. My left ear canal is shaped funny, so the squishy ones fall out. :rofl:

#26 ajua

ajua

Neowinian Senior

Posted 09 February 2013 - 22:06

Have you tried JVC Xtreme Xplosives HA-FX1X?
http://www.amazon.co...treme xplosives

These are the best in ear headphones you can get for the the price ($17) IMHO. The sound quality is amazing, they are comfortable (I've used them for a couple of hours at a time without any problems). The highs and bass are very good balanced so that the bass doesn't mask other sounds.

Honestly, I couldn't believe the sound the first time I put them on when they arrived at my house.

They have 3 sizes for the ear buds and the carrying case is made of plastic but well built, very handy and cool looking.

PS: there is a new model made to replace this but I haven't tried them. The reviews for those are very good as well, though.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!