Posted 10 February 2013 - 15:24

7 billion... thats why he's a Gnieus :p

babies must be flying out the womb instantly jailbreaking there iphones hahaha

#17 Tuishimi

Tuishimi

Michinator

Posted 10 February 2013 - 15:26

But then I took an arrow to the knee.

You ever use the mod "Rayeks End"? Cracks me up.

#18 Nayos

Nayos

Kor

Posted 10 February 2013 - 16:16

I mainly do it to change 1 or 2 UI images, the lock sounds and the keyboard click sound

#19 Simon-

Simon-

Neowinian Senior

Posted 10 February 2013 - 17:08

Jailbreak is still necessary. I like to keep things light and only put on what I need instead of loading what I can for the sake of it. I stuck on 5.1.1 on my iPad 2 until 6.1 Jailbreak came out.

In general even if I wasn't into Jailbreaking, and I had an A5+ device, I would still Jailbreak and just not load apps, but still know that I can if I wanted to. When Apple patches the exploit and removes the old firmware (which needs to be confirmed by Apple before you can install on A5+ devices) then you lose your Jailbreak ability even if you wanted to, until the next exploit comes about - which is far and few in between.

I learnt not to screw out too much. When the iPad 2 was first jail broken, I went a bit crazy on Cydia and installed something that was supposed to turn my 3G iPad into an iPhone (make calls and so on), it didn't work but did screw everything up to the point that the iPad wouldn't boot. I had to restore from iTunes and lose the Jailbreak. By that time Apple ad already patched it and removed access to install the old firmware even if you still had the file. I had to wait until the next jailbreak exploit came about.

I need Dimmer more than anything. I like to work in the dark and the lowest brightness just isn't enough. I can't go without it.

Next favourite Jailbroken apps are iFle, BTC Keyboard and Mouse, BeeKeyboard & Activator.

Built in functionality is getting better but not there yet.

For the person who jailbreaks for Activator as buttons are wearing out - Try enabling Assistive Touch in Accessibility settings.
Bud man - Good tip about WiFi analyser, I will try it out. Currently I use the Android version but can't pick up 5GHz networks with that. Hopefully I get 5GHz on iPad since the iPad itself supports 5GHz

In the past I have purchased 3G unrestricted, but this has become unnecessary since the streaming app of the local TV station now allows 3G, not just WiFi. I have tried MySi but found it too unstable and too expensive, I rather use the money towards a proper 3G(and now LTE... which iPad 2 can't do) hotspot.

#20 OP Gnieus

Gnieus

The Genius

• Phone: iPhone 4, 3Gs, HTC 7 Mozart, BlackBerry Curve 9380

Posted 10 February 2013 - 17:17

quote Billion -- yeah that would be really something.. Its million, not billion ;)

Heh, yeah I have no idea why I put a 'b' there instead of an 'm'.

#21 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 10 February 2013 - 17:27

Is anyone else not jailbreaking this time round? I used to jailbreak all the time, but recently I've seen what iOS offers and it's just what I need. Sure, it's nice to have SBSettings at will, but all the extra tweaks just clog the memory, making for a slow experience.

I haven't jailbroken my iPhone 4 or 3Gs this time round. I'm happy with iOS 6.1 the way it is. Anyone agree?

I agree with you. And if I could get MMS and tethering working with my prepay carrier (StraightTalk) I would probably not JB my phone at all. (I believe there is a trick that requires a working T-Mobile SIM to get MMS to work, but I don't have access to one of those). I jailbroke my iPad but don't really have anything I want to install on it.

In any case, it is probably a really good idea to fire up TinyUmbrella and download your SHSH blobs just in case you change your mind and want to jailbreak. Once Apple releases the update that patches this JB it will be too late, so get that saved now is my advice.

#22 Dinggus

Dinggus

Neowinian Senior

Posted 10 February 2013 - 17:34

7 billion? That's amazing, but of how many will actually keep it? I remember jailbreaking for the first time with blackra1n, installing a load of awesome tweaks, then restoring in iTunes just so I can have that fast iOS experience back.

I've been jailbreaking ever since I bought an iPhone back in 2009, I've never noticed my device slowing down.

#23 Bad Booster

Bad Booster

Evil Mastermind

• Phone: iPhone 5 16GB, iPhone 4S 16GB, iPad 2 16GB WiFi

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:24

I have not bothered to Jailbreak my iPhone 4S/5 or my iPad 2 since iOS 5.1.1

Jailbreaking is just not worth it. Stock iOS is nearing perfection in all spheres that matter to me.

#24 Mr.XXIV

Mr.XXIV

Shine bright like Iron Man.

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:34

Thanks to Evasi0n, I can just restart my iPhone without a problem, and now I can use Siri, since it's a 4. :p

#25 .Markus

.Markus

supertramp

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:54

Jailbroke my iPhone, for the sake of SBSettings, f.lux and Shrink.
iOS has gotten much better in recent years, and it's almost up to the point where I don't actually bother anymore.
Battery normally drains 5-10% quicker, which is noticeable end of the day.
Haven't seen any need to JB my iPad...

#26 +Tech Greek

Tech Greek

Neowinian

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:59

Battery normally drains 5-10% quicker, which is noticeable end of the day.

The surprising thing is my phone actually lasts longer when JB and I'm not really sure why. The volume of everything in use is generally the same. I've got a few tweaks here and there by IntelliX I thought would kill it but it didn't.

#27 Brian Miller

Brian Miller

Neowinian Senior

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:02

Cidia is really, REALLY badly designed, no HCI whatever. It's surprise that anyone can use it.

#28 OP Gnieus

Gnieus

The Genius

• Phone: iPhone 4, 3Gs, HTC 7 Mozart, BlackBerry Curve 9380

Posted 16 February 2013 - 18:25

no what causes the mess is user error, not the jail break itself.

Not entirely true, installing a bunch of useful tweaks and patches from Cydia will eventually cause load on the device, making it feel cluttered and messy, in this case it would not be user error.

#29 Bizkit

Bizkit

Neowinian Senior

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:19

I have 5 tweaks installed in my iPhone 5. Chrome default, bitesms, lockscreen artwork remover (those huge black bars), nitrous, and springtomize. All of the stuff I use jb for, apple should let you do in the first place.

#30 Nashy

Nashy

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:34

Not entirely true, installing a bunch of useful tweaks and patches from Cydia will eventually cause load on the device, making it feel cluttered and messy, in this case it would not be user error.

So it's Windows fault when people installing too many programs and the system slows down?

Users cause the slow downs by installing stupid themes, and apps they think they need, without removing them afterwards.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!