Stream webcam online 24/7 ?

I'm looking for some software that will allow me to stream a live web cam feed. I need to me able to embed the stream on to a website, and allow others to connect and view at any time.

Preferably free, but paid is not an issue, i'm not sure if online services like USTREAM is an option for 24/7, but would rather have something we have more control over and definitely no ads.

Any suggestions?

so here's the thing - do you just want to that feed source to be from your IP.. And every connection on that website is actually going to connect to source IP of the video stream. Or do you want to feed to a server online, and then all the connections will be to the server and none to your source IP?

well that looks like a very viable solution then, given the real lack of details about requirements. Good find.

Get a dropcam.

http://www.dropcam.com

You can make your camera totally public, and your stream only goes to the dropcam service, they re-broadcast using their bandwidth. The camera quality is awesome and there is ONLY a charge if you want to use their monthly DVR service.

Public Cameras here to see quality - https://www.dropcam.com/cameras/public

this looks perfect, although we already have the camera's so it would seem like a waste of funds. something similar with our own camera would be idea.

So again - do you want users to actually connect to your camera IP -- or to some other IP for the video that is not using your bandwidth the camera is connected too? In the dropcam, your video is sent to their servers and viewers would be pulling bandwidth from dropcam. And camera only has to send bandwidth for 1 feed of the video.

Its very easy to just have your camera feed imbedded on some website where the video is coming from your connection.. But this is going to be hard to scale, might be fine if couple of users.. But going to be an issue if you have lots of concurrent watchers.

If you want to have users that are getting your feed from some other server that has lots more bandwidth - good luck finding this for FREE that is not ad supported.

You could look into say something like http://new.livestrea...ive-video-tools

What camera are you currently using? Or expect to use?

That would of been the plan yes but if the connection is going to be bad then best use another servers bandwidth as you said.

I think we have a 10MB connection but the upstream is pretty good.. it has a potential audience of over 300 people although i don't think we'll get anywhere near that at any one time, but never say never.

basically we are a school and getting some chicks in an incubator and want be able to capture the moment they hatch as well stream it on our website... so all children and visitors to the site are the potential audience.

We have some amazing HD webcams i was hoping we can use this, if i can find something like drop cam but without the need for their camera the cost should be significantly less.