Phone interview help (Deployment Support Tech)

Hey guys I really need some advice on this. I been out of work since Oct and I been pretty rusty in the tech side of things and I been applying nonstop. As of today I have a interview for on the jobs I applied for which is called Post Deployment Support Tech. To be honest I'm not to familiar with what a deployment tech is. However, from the description it sounds like something I can handle. If someone can break it down for me to understand a little better please do so. The phone interview is going to happen in a couple of days and I dont want to sound like I dont know anything about the position.

Post Deployment Support Tech

should be on the 3 - 4 years side of this description and have worked with large quantities of PC refreshes. Various Hours: Weekdays (between 6 a.m. - 6 p.m.) depending on migration deployment schedule. It is also possible that the schedule could include weekends. This role will work directly with the customers the first 2 days following the migration of the customer machine to Windows 7, will meet with each customer to ensure customer fully completes their 1st day checklist and record any problems or issues for each customer and troubleshoot issues for resolution with an escalation matrix for how types of issues should be resolved. This role would also perform hard drive wipes as time permits of customers old PC for PCs that require hardware replacement and inventory of old PCs for removal from the site.

Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals. Documents, maintains, upgrades or replaces hardware and software systems. Supports and maintains user account information including rights, security and systems groups. Trains employees, identifies, analyzes, and repairs product failures, orders and replaces parts as needed. Determines and recommends which products or services best fit the customers' needs. May require an associate's degree or its equivalent. Requires at least 2 - 4 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks.

From the description it just sounds like you'd be the one to help the client(s) after they're moved to a new operating system with any issues that might arise. In the event that their existing equipment won't work with Windows 7, you need to wipe and then inventory/manage the obsolete hardware. You basically are the one who deals with the aftermath of the OS deployment/installation.

Thanks Davo. Thats seems very straight forward. I have no experience with OS deployment which I was worrying if that experience was needed. I know how to reinstall operating systems one by one but I doubt that even counts lol