BBC Atlantis

Atlantis is a new 13 part, 45-minute episode series, created and written by Howard Overman (Misfits, Dirk Gently, Vexed, Merlin) for Saturday nights this Autumn on BBC One

The city of Atlantis is a mysterious, ancient place; a world of bull leaping, of snake haired goddesses and of palaces so vast it was said they were built by giants.

It?s into this strange, compelling realm that the young Jason arrives and an amazing adventure begins, bringing to life the vast store of Greek myths and legends re-imagined for a new generation in an action packed 13-part series.

Executive produced by Johnny Capps and Julian Murphy (Merlin, Hex, As If, Sugar Rush) and Howard Overman for their new production company. It will begin shooting in Wales and Morocco in April.

The series will launch on Saturday nights this Autumn and is executive produced for BBC Cymru Wales by Bethan Jones.

(http://www.sfx.co.uk/2013/02/11/misfits-and-merlin-creators-combine-forces-for-the-bbcs-atlantis/)

• 2 weeks later...

pjngrt7e.jpg

I?ve learned that Robert Emms is the first actor to be cast in BBC One?s upcoming fantasy series Atlantis. My sources tell me that Emms will be playing a young Pythagoras, a brilliant mathematician and philosopher who is one of the many interesting characters that main character Jason meets upon arriving in Atlantis. An up and comer, Emms, repped by ICM Partners and Curtis Brown, is coming off of a starring role in Universal?s Kick Ass 2. His previous credits include War Horse and Relativity Media?s Mirror Mirror: The Untold Adventures of Snow White.

Created by Howard Overman (Misfits), Atlantis is set in the city of Atlantis: a mysterious ancient place; a world of bull leaping, of snake haired goddesses and of palaces so vast it was said they were built by giants. It?s into this strange, compelling realm that the young Jason arrives and an amazing adventure begins, bringing to life the vast store of Greek myths and legends. The series has been given a 13 episode order, and is set to begin production in Wales and Morocco in April. Howard Overman productions and BBC Cymru Wales are producing, with Howard Overman, Johnny Capps, Julian Murphy and Bethan Jones serving as executive producers. Justin Molotnikov (Merlin) is attached to direct.

Atlantis is BBC One?s newest stab at a fantasy series. The series is being billed as a replacement for Merlin, with Atlantis set to take over Merlin?s Saturday night time-slot this autumn. Word is that part of the reason for a 13 episode order ? beyond the success the BBC has seen with such larger orders for Doctor Who and Merlin - is down to potential international sales. A 13 episode first season is thought to make the series more attractive to international buyers, especially the Americans. I hear that BBC Worldwide is ?hopeful? of a sale to a US network, with Syfy being the most likely buyer.

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2013/02/robert-emms-cast-in-bbc-ones-fantasy-series-atlantis/

• 1 month later...

rooper.png

Mark Addy (Game of Thrones), Juliet Stevenson (White Heat), Sarah Parish (Mistresses), Jemima Rooper (Lost In Austen), Aiysha Hart (Honour), Jack Donnelly (Dancing On The Edge) and (as TVWise previously reported) Robert Emms (War Horse) have joined the cast of BBC One?s upcoming fantasy series Atlantis.

Created by Howard Overman (Misfits), Atlantis is set in the city of Atlantis: a mysterious ancient place; a world of bull leaping, of snake haired goddesses and of palaces so vast it was said they were built by giants. It?s into this strange, compelling realm that the young Jason arrives and an amazing adventure begins, bringing to life the vast store of Greek myths and legends. The series has been given a 13 episode order, and is set to begin production in Wales and Morocco in April. Howard Overman productions and BBC Cymru Wales are producing, with Howard Overman, Johnny Capps, Julian Murphy and Bethan Jones serving as executive producers. Justin Molotnikov (Merlin) is attached to direct.

Speaking of the cast, Ben Stephenson, Controller of BBC Drama Commissioning, said: ?The fantastic cast announced for Atlantis is testament to the ambition and scale of Howard Overman?s scripts. Some of the UK?s best loved actors are joining our newest talent to take the BBC One audience to a rich and wonderful world where any adventure is possible.?

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2013/03/mark-addy-juliet-stevenson-more-join-cast-of-bbc-ones-atlantis/

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

wow 6 second trailers, its almost like they only filmed a few minutes and want to show it off already lol. either way i am excited for it.... Kinda wish i lived in the UK they have better television :P

wow 6 second trailers, its almost like they only filmed a few minutes and want to show it off already lol. either way i am excited for it.... Kinda wish i lived in the UK they have better television :p

Yeah I think they just want to tease

• 2 weeks later...

Atlantis isnt a mystery, its currently on earth after being flown back by the stargate team to destroy the super powerful wraith ship, its cloaked in san francisco bay go have a look!!

it look soo good :D very excited.

Atlantis isnt a mystery, its currently on earth after being flown back by the stargate team to destroy the super powerful wraith ship, its cloaked in san francisco bay go have a look!!

It wasnt flown back  it was gated back using the super gate. sheesh get your data right lol.

Heard that you can get some amazing views of the America's Cup race ATM.

it look soo good :D very excited.

It wasnt flown back  it was gated back using the super gate. sheesh get your data right lol.

Errr it was flown back, after the warp drive failed cus of power issues they ended up using the worm hole drive to instantaneously jump to earth which in turn drained most of there power again.... so you sheesh get YOUR data right lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...