Webcam Driver - Asus N53SN

Hello,

Upgraded my notebook Asus N53SN from Windows 7 to Windows 8. Webcam driver isn't available at Asus Support Section.

post-479432-0-97790200-1360651057.jpg

It doesn't even show up in Device Manager *Image Attached*.

Did you try just reinstalling it? (the original Win 7 driver)

Or do a Google search for other versions of the webcam drivers. (may be one out for Win 8)

Just cuz the manufacturer's site doesn't have everything listed, doesn't mean there isn't others that are compatible.

Have you tried right-clicking the device and uninstalling it? Once uninstalled Windows 8 should install a generic driver upon reboot.

Regards

I've been struggling with that one for almost an hour now, lol didn't even occur to me to suggest that.....

@LUTZIFER

I tried downloading the driver for Windows 7 but while installing it gives an error, could be the OS non-compatibility.

Tried googling but all in vain.

The point is that why doesn't it show up in the device manager.

Have you tried right-clicking the device and uninstalling it? Once uninstalled Windows 8 should install a generic driver upon reboot.

Regards

It doesn't even show up in the device manager!

I've been struggling with that one for almost an hour now, lol didn't even occur to me to suggest that.....

Yeah I've been scouring the web for quite a while now trying to find the driver he needs, but it's a lost cause. Chicony's website is a joke too. :/

have you tried 'scan for hardware changes' from DM?

Tried, but it detects nothing. The camera was working perfectly with Windows 7.

@Marshall

Chicony's website is really a joke indeed! :D

at the risk of asking a really stupid question....

does win 8 give compatbility install options? (in the hope that at the very least, it might 'find' the cam then do the suto search in windows update for one)

at the risk of asking a really stupid question....

does win 8 give compatbility install options? (in the hope that at the very least, it might 'find' the cam then do the suto search in windows update for one)

If the device is listed in device manager and no driver is installed, at least we could do the driver update via Windows Update *same as of Windows 7*

Have you tried removing the device listed with the yellow icon beside it, looks like its a question mark?

Not sure what that means, must be a Win 8 thing, on Win 7 I've only seen exclamation marks.

And do other USB devices work? I'm assuming it's a laptop but that is still USB for webcam, my built in one still shows as a USB device.

I would assume both the devices showing there with the question marks have some sort of problems.

Maybe something wrong with Universal Serial Bus Controller driver.

Have you tried removing the device listed with the yellow icon beside it, looks like its a question mark?

Not sure what that means, must be a Win 8 thing, on Win 7 I've only seen exclamation marks.

And do other USB devices work? I'm assuming it's a laptop but that is still USB for webcam, my built in one still shows as a USB device.

I would assume both the devices showing there with the question marks have some sort of problems.

Maybe something wrong with Universal Serial Bus Controller driver.

Dear, that was the driver for USB 3, which I already sorted out by installing a driver for another Asus Version. All the USB's including USB 3 works perfectly.