• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#16 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• 16,919 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy S4

Posted 12 February 2013 - 17:51

Many franchisees, who pay royalties to the parent company based on overall sales, have exercised their option to move the McDouble off the Dollar Menu by raising its price over $1.

more

My local McD's asks $1.99 for the McDouble. So yeah, not really a $1 menu item any more. :laugh:

#17 +techbeck

techbeck

Neowinian Senior

• 18,177 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 17:59

Dairy, grain, and meat all will be more expensive this year...should drop next year tho. 2012 was not a good year for farmers. Bad drought and many crops didnt make it. Farmers also slaughtered a lot of their live stock because they could not afford to feed them. So the end of last year, everything was a little cheaper. So its going to be an expensive 2013.

#18 DAOWAce

DAOWAce

Blind

• 383 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 18:08

It's fine, they'll just use less meat than they already do and find ways to make it feel and taste like meat. Most of their food is over 50% filler anyway; people eating it shouldn't expect to live healthy lives.

#19 1941

Banned

• 18,175 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 18:17

the ratio of soy to beef is just going to get higher. I hate nothing more than when I go to buy just a regular box of burgers at the store, see it says "Beef patties", and only to find out when I get home that yea its beef, as well as half soy. All the people who claim you cant tell the difference when soy or turkey is substituted for beef are idiots. Now I either buy the ground beef myself and make the patties or only buy frozen ones that say specifically on the box "100% beef", and list only beef under its ingredients.

I buy Ground Sirloin that is ground in front of me so I get no soy. Bubba Burgers are kind of good though. Have no idea what is in them..

#20 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• 15,090 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 18:20

They will probably just reduce the amount of meat (or "real meat" in the patty) they serve in order to keep it at the same cost.

#21 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 15,699 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 18:24

Buuba Burgers are kind of good though. Have no idea what is in them..

Could it possibly be... Bubba? :p

#22 +techbeck

techbeck

Neowinian Senior

• 18,177 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 18:27

people eating it shouldn't expect to live healthy lives.

Depends on how much of it you eat. If you make it a daily habit, then yea. But every now and then wont hurt anything. I will not ever have their chicken nuggets after I saw that it is made out of pink slim. Grossed me out. I mainly just go their for their fries...as long as they are fresh. But again, I maybe go there a couple times a month. If that.

#23 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 15,699 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 18:35

Depends on how much of it you eat. If you make it a daily habit, then yea. But every now and then wont hurt anything. I will not ever have their chicken nuggets after I saw that it is made out of pink slim. Grossed me out. I mainly just go their for their fries...as long as they are fresh. But again, I maybe go there a couple times a month. If that.

How can you tell they're fresh? McD's fries are non-biodegradable!

As for their McNuggets.. I don't know about in the US, but in the EU they're made from chicken breast. They have to be by law or they can't call them chicken. :p

#24 +techbeck

techbeck

Neowinian Senior

• 18,177 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 18:42

How can you tell they're fresh? McD's fries are non-biodegradable!

As for their McNuggets.. I don't know about in the US, but in the EU they're made from chicken breast. They have to be by law or they can't call them chicken. :p

Do a search pink slim chicken nuggets. And fries are fresh when they are piping hot and have some crispiness to them. You can also tell by taste.

#25 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,428 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 12 February 2013 - 18:47

the ratio of soy to beef is just going to get higher. I hate nothing more than when I go to buy just a regular box of burgers at the store, see it says "Beef patties", and only to find out when I get home that yea its beef, as well as half soy. All the people who claim you cant tell the difference when soy or turkey is substituted for beef are idiots. Now I either buy the ground beef myself and make the patties or only buy frozen ones that say specifically on the box "100% beef", and list only beef under its ingredients.

And yet in the other thread, americans complain about how useless labeling of the contents of stuff at the super market is and will just increase the price of products.

Personally I've never seen burgers I buy at the store that are anything but near 100% meat. But then we have labeling requirements and people wouldn't buy burgers or burger meat that didn't say it was 50% beef and 50% plants.

#26 1941

Banned

• 18,175 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 18:51

Could it possibly be... Bubba? :p

Typo :laugh:

#27 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,555 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 19:06

They are hard to stomach at any price.

You have to add an extra slice of cheese, like I do. :woot:

#28 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,304 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 12 February 2013 - 19:09

I thought I'd seen Chicken McNuggets advertised as containing chicken breast in the UK but I can't seem to find any mention of it on the website (though the ingredients list reveals that they contain only 45% chicken). That's strange as the Grilled Chicken Salad Wrap mentions that it uses chicken breast quite prominently.

#29 billyea

billyea

Your Two Cents

• 2,050 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 19:25

I thought I'd seen Chicken McNuggets advertised as containing chicken breast in the UK but I can't seem to find any mention of it on the website (though the ingredients list reveals that they contain only 45% chicken). That's strange as the Grilled Chicken Salad Wrap mentions that it uses chicken breast quite prominently.

I know in Canada, there's no pink anything, and they pride themselves on that. McDonalds Canada has ridiculously high food quality for being a fast food chain.

#30 Boxster17

Boxster17

Porsche Enthusiast

• 1,708 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 19:31

Do a search pink slim chicken nuggets.

I did a search for that I couldn't find anything confirming that is what they actually use, merely a bunch of rumors to that fact. Do you have a legit source for this? Everything I've read said they've used proper white meat for at least the last 10 years along with using fillers like corn.