Woman Dies After Drinking 18 Pints of Coca-Cola

I drank 55 cans of pepsi in one day for a dare so I can get money to help pay for soem care for a dog I had. I got 120 bucks and that was enough to pay for it.... I was totally messed up for 2 days but it was worth it to help the pupper.

55 x 355mL = 19525 mL or almost 20L of pepsi... That's 10 of the big jugs... Insane.

cat helping a dog? :|

it was for stubby the basset hound and he ended up ran over and died 2 months later :( he was one dog I really loved.

55 x 355mL = 19525 mL or almost 20L of pepsi... That's 10 of the big jugs... Insane.

yeah.... but it was for a cause....

:argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:

CfL9%5B1%5D.jpeg

I have to agree with this picture. That is just dumb. Coke isn't water. It has a lot of junk including sugar that can kill you (if you drink that much of it). I try to drink water most of the time, but sometimes I need a Diet Dr Pepper and I know that even though it's diet it's still bad for me (I just try to save money and only buy a little at a time).

Coke Classic (US) has 34mg of caffeine / 12oz can.

1 case is 24 cans.

34x24 = 816mg

I've found cases of fatal heart arrhythmia from as little as 450mg.

Darwin wins.

If you NEVER drink caffeine and then you take in nearly a gram of it, then yea its going to mess you up. Its really just depends on your tolerance, plenty of people drink nearly a case a day, but their body is used to it.

The problem is that like many stimulants (cocaine, ephedrine, psudoephedrine etc) high doses of caffeine can cause a heart arrhythmia. Often this is in people with an undiagnosed underlying condition, but not always so caution is a real good idea. This is one of the concerns with energy drinks.

The FDA recommended child and teen doses of no more than 100mg per 24 hour period. Adult recommendation is 400 mg per 24 hour period. IIRC the UK adult recommendation is 200mg.