Woman Dies After Drinking 18 Pints of Coca-Cola

You're looking at 9-18 pints, or 1-2 gallons of soda. (12 or 24 pack, respectively)

So 12 fluid ounces, multiplied by 55 cans...

12 * 55 = 660oz, which translates to 41.25 pints of pepsi.

Or just over 5 gallons...

$120... for "some dog", as you put it.

Guess life can be put into dollars. :laugh:

(please correct my math if I'm wrong here at all, because I don't want to be right)

hey my parents were having money troubles and I wanted to help the pupper.... I was 12

There's probably some other factors involved. Not saying Coca-Cola is good for you at all, lol.

Not sure how much 18 pints is, but I've known many friends to drink a 12 pack to a 24 pack of cans a day.

One friend of mine drank so much of it while gaming he was getting really fat, so he switched to Diet Coke, but then found out that it was even worse for you so he switched to Coke Zero I think it was.

I've heard stories about putting a metal bold into a cup of Coke, and the Coke will eat it away eventually. So what does that mean for your body? lol.

1) your friends will probably start suffering from diabetes or die from some coronary disease, they are stupid

2) coke will not disolve metal, it's by far not acidic enough for that. Coke however will get rid of rust on metal but that is only because it has PH value lower than 7 because it contains phosphoric acid, orange juice (which has a much lower PH) will have the same effect. Simple chemistry

hey my parents were having money troubles and I wanted to help the pupper.... I was 12

That doesn't exactly make sense. When we didn't have money, we didn't eat. We also didn't own pets if we couldn't afford to feed ourselves. I don't know any kids even in high school that'd have paid that much out on a dare either.

Not trying to call you out, but I just don't believe you. Sorry.

?I didn?t ever think about the Coke. I never considered it would do any harm to a person. It?s just a soft drink, just like drinking water. I didn?t think a drink?s going to kill you.?

facepalm-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1158.jpg

Darwin wins again. Only bad part in this is that the stupid husband didnt go with her. With all the info available to people at the touch of a button these days, they should of been smarter. I am betting Coke will be getting sued some time soon for not putting a warning label.

Geez, no wonder she died. She drank over four 2 liters bottles (or 2.25 gallons) of Coke a day. That would kill anyone over time. If someone drank that much in coffee or even water, they will still probably die. Anything in excess is dangerous... well... maybe there are a few exceptions. ;)

Geez, no wonder she died. She drank over four 2 liters bottles (or 2.25 gallons) of Coke a day. That would kill anyone over time. If someone drank that much in coffee or even water, they will still probably die. Anything in excess is dangerous... well... maybe there are a few exceptions. ;)

Umm .... you can drink 2.25 gallons of water a day and be more than fine ....

Umm .... you can drink 2.25 gallons of water a day and be more than fine ....

Not uncommon to see people at the gym carrying a gallon of water around either, for that matter. Typical US military canteens are 1 quart. In BMT, they ask that you drink a minimum of 9 and no more than 12 canteens full of water, which is 2-3 gallons daily. Of course, you're active and doing stuff, so you need to replenish what you lose.

So.. if said woman dies of drinking too much cola..

this guy never got the notion when she.... ( she had to with that much drinking) that wasn't a hint to him that she ingested too much?

fat_girl_puking.jpg

it blows my mind how people still don't understand caffeine. Its a drug, a very addictive one at that, but at the same time its relatively harmless. You have people all over the world who need their "fix" every single damn day, just in a different form, be it coffee, soda, tea, energy drinks, shots, and even chocolate has small amounts in it. These people think they need whatever it is they are drinking to prevent their headache when really all they need is the damn caffeine. The caffeine didn't kill her, its easy to build up a tolerance to it, and if she's been doing it for this long im sure she was used to it. What killed her was the rest of the drink, the sugar and all the other stuff that goes into it. If you really need the caffeine that bad to the point you drink this much cola, just go buy some caffeine pills, much cheaper, and 1 pill is like the same as a strong energy drink, cup of coffee, or probably 4-5 cans of coke. Its fine if you like to drink coke, I drink a can or so a day too, but if you get the point where you need to drink multiple cans in a row just for your caffeine fix you probably need to find a different delivery method for your fix, because all that sugar isn't good for you.

I felt like I was going down the same path, where I needed a can when I woke up and before work to avoid headaches. I completely dropped caffeine for like 2 months cold turkey and yea my head was killing me for a few days. Once I got over that I eventually started to drink it again, but this time I decided that if I do ill only drink sprite or caffeine free coke over the weekend, to break up the cycle, so I don't drink it every day and depend on the caffeine. Now since I limited myself it doesn't really matter if I have one or not since I broke up the daily grind of needing one every day my body doesn't depend on it. This way now when I really do honestly need a kick I can drink a single coke or energy drink and the caffeine actually works the way its supposed to and my body doesn't have some big tolerance to it.

also the fact that the husband reported that she hardly ever ate. So basically her eating/drinking habits were up the f@%*. And just to rub salt in the wound the coroner has recommended that coke put warnings on its labels that it can be deadly, sure coke isn't good for you but if you and your partner think drinking 10 litres a day is ok then you both have serious mental problems. i'm sure drinking 10 litres of milk a day would mess your body up as well, should milk have labels saying its potentially deadly???

• Like 1

it blows my mind how people still don't understand caffeine. Its a drug, a very addictive one at that, but at the same time its relatively harmless. You have people all over the world who need their "fix" every single damn day, just in a different form, be it coffee, soda, tea, energy drinks, shots, and even chocolate has small amounts in it. These people think they need whatever it is they are drinking to prevent their headache when really all they need is the damn caffeine. The caffeine didn't kill her, its easy to build up a tolerance to it, and if she's been doing it for this long im sure she was used to it. What killed her was the rest of the drink, the sugar and all the other stuff that goes into it. If you really need the caffeine that bad to the point you drink this much cola, just go buy some caffeine pills, much cheaper, and 1 pill is like the same as a strong energy drink, cup of coffee, or probably 4-5 cans of coke. Its fine if you like to drink coke, I drink a can or so a day too, but if you get the point where you need to drink multiple cans in a row just for your caffeine fix you probably need to find a different delivery method for your fix, because all that sugar isn't good for you.

I felt like I was going down the same path, where I needed a can when I woke up and before work to avoid headaches. I completely dropped caffeine for like 2 months cold turkey and yea my head was killing me for a few days. Once I got over that I eventually started to drink it again, but this time I decided that if I do ill only drink sprite or caffeine free coke over the weekend, to break up the cycle, so I don't drink it every day and depend on the caffeine. Now since I limited myself it doesn't really matter if I have one or not since I broke up the daily grind of needing one every day my body doesn't depend on it. This way now when I really do honestly need a kick I can drink a single coke or energy drink and the caffeine actually works the way its supposed to and my body doesn't have some big tolerance to it.

Well said.

I drank 55 cans of pepsi in one day for a dare so I can get money to help pay for soem care for a dog I had. I got 120 bucks and that was enough to pay for it.... I was totally messed up for 2 days but it was worth it to help the pupper.

cat helping a dog? :|