microsoft

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#16 jakem1

jakem1

Neowinian Senior

• 6,243 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 21:55

Google are no better IMO. Both companies need to stop bickering.

#17 OP +techbeck

techbeck

Neowinian Senior

• 16,676 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 22:59

I'm just going to leave this here:
http://www.thebestpa...u=boiling_blood

Maybe besides making childish comments like this, make posts that are actually stated as opinion and not fact. I was just pointing that out.

Almost as annoying as people who say "The thing is, Microsoft does make better products", when that's clearly an opinion but stated as a fact. :laugh:

:)

Google are no better IMO. Both companies need to stop bickering.

Exactly..same goes with Apple and Samsung.

#18 siah1214

siah1214

Neowinian Senior

• 1,961 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 23:16

Maybe besides making childish comments like this, make posts that are actually stated as opinion and not fact. I was just pointing that out.

EDIT: nvm i'm done here. Stupid discussion.

#19 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 00:57

It seems to me that Microsoft is a bit desperate here. No matter what they do they can't seem to get a break while Google is still the media's darling.

#20 firey

firey

F͎̗͉͎͈͑͡ȉ͎̣̐́ṙ͖̺͕͙̓̌è̤̞͉̟̲͇̍̍̾̓ͥͅy͓̍̎̌̏̒

• 7,988 posts
  • Phone: Android (4.1.2)

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:11

EDIT: nvm i'm done here. Stupid discussion.

It's tough when you spout opinion as fact and people don't agree eh?

#21 Dashel

Dashel

Disgustipator

• 7,496 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:14

Seems more of a PSA to me, since most GMail users probably don't know and merely signed up because of the phone they purchased. Hence litle knowledge or care of the privacy pro/con of which ecosystem they were joining.

I just hate it cause it gives DBags like Luntz jobs.

#22 +dead.cell

dead.cell

My Body My Temple

• 9,679 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy SII

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:56

I liked it better when Microsoft kept their mouth shut.

While I'm rather annoyed at Google lately, Microsoft really has no room to talk, and plenty of room for improvement.

#23 n_K

n_K

Neowinian Senior

• 5,134 posts
  • Phone: Nokia 3315

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:05

You do realise that pretty much every site you visit does this too. At least more and more sites are using a similar disclaimer.
You may as well just quit the internet if you don't agree with it.

Google allows opting out via DNT, and using thier cookies, MS does not.
In fact it's pretty funny how MS keeps slating google yet in everything I see (minus compatibility) google seems better than MS does.

#24 siah1214

siah1214

Neowinian Senior

• 1,961 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:10

Google allows opting out via DNT, and using thier cookies, MS does not.
In fact it's pretty funny how MS keeps slating google yet in everything I see (minus compatibility) google seems better than MS does.

bull****.
https://choice.microsoft.com/en-US

(for clarification sake, the above is not an opinion, and I backed it up with a source, for those with reading comprehension issues)

#25 farmeunit

farmeunit

The other white meat.

• 2,762 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:17

The thing is Microsoft does make better products (Outlook.com comes to mind) but the media shuns everything Microsoft and spends most of its time and energy worshipping Google. The media and tech sites, does a fine job of tearing Microsoft a new one for everything they do, so I guess Microsoft decided if they wanted something done right (in this case, done at all) they were going to have to tear Google down themselves.

That's your opinion. MS just fixed some of the sharing options for Live 365. Outlook.com does look better than Hotmail, but it's not nearly as intuitive for me, or as featureful (is that a word?). Google for me ALWAYS finds better results, no matter how many time I've tried to use Bing.

#26 siah1214

siah1214

Neowinian Senior

• 1,961 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:34

I guess this discussion won't end.

That's your opinion. MS just fixed some of the sharing options for Live 365. Outlook.com does look better than Hotmail, but it's not nearly as intuitive for me, or as featureful (is that a word?). Google for me ALWAYS finds better results, no matter how many time I've tried to use Bing.

Thanks for the clarification, I thought I had posted someone else's opinion :)

So, for the opinion-Nazis of neowin, recommendations in the future, anytime I post opinion do I need to surround it in [opinion] tags, say "In my opinion", or anything else to make it more blatantly obvious that what I'm saying is opinion? Since apparently inference isn't a strong suit around here.

:rolleyes:

This is what I get for saying something bad about the almighty Google.

#27 Roxkis

Roxkis

Neowinian

• 197 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:44

It seems to me that Microsoft is a bit desperate here. No matter what they do they can't seem to get a break while Google is still the media's darling.

Microsoft could make a (generally) compelling product.

#28 greenwizard88

greenwizard88

Neowinian Senior

• 1,673 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:48

Slash other's products so your own product gets higher praise. That's a typical argument that's used in politics; doesn't stick so well.

Except it's used in politics because it works.

#29 OP +techbeck

techbeck

Neowinian Senior

• 16,676 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 14:57

So, for the opinion-Nazis of neowin, recommendations in the future, anytime I post opinion do I need to surround it in [opinion] tags, say "In my opinion", or anything else to make it more blatantly obvious that what I'm saying is opinion? Since apparently inference isn't a strong suit around here.

No, just word your comments correct so it comes off as an opinion an not a fact. If you want to put something to indicate an opinion, then do so if you want. I normally put IMO but that is just me as I want to make sure there is no confusion on what I mean.

This is what I get for saying something bad about the almighty Google.

:rolleyes:

And company that resorts tho this kind of "marketing" i call desperate. Whether it be MS, Apple, Samsung....whoever. I dont think Google is doing this...or not nearly as much as others. And hope they never do or else I would be saying the same crap about them.

#30 xendrome

xendrome

In God We Trust; All Others We Monitor

• 7,042 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 15:10

Slash other's products so your own product gets higher praise. That's a typical argument that's used in politics; doesn't stick so well.

Problem is, when MS does it, it's "Fighting dirty" when Apple does it (I'm a Mac, I'm a PC) it's no big deal? :s

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!