The Killing (Season 3)

c?2073579=4vVSiowDCQnWOswpqOKbhRFfV_0

Actor Peter Sarsgaard has been confirmed for the third season of AMC's The Killing from Fox TV Studios. In his first television series recurring role, Sarsgaard plays "Tom Seward," a death row inmate for whom the clock is ticking down. A lifelong convict born into poverty and crime, Seward's been in and out of the system for violent crimes since he was 10. Not ever wanting to appear weak, every interaction is a challenge, and one he must dominate

http://blogs.amctv.com/the-killing/2013/02/peter-sarsgaard-joins-cast.php

• 3 weeks later...

My sister just told me that The Killing will return in May. I knew they cancelled the show and I was deeply disappointed. And now, I'm really happy that they brought it back.

• 2 months later...

the-killing-next-day-streaming-for-uk-ireland-netflix-subscribers.jpg

While the third season of AMC's "The Killing" is set to premiere soon for US audiences via the cable network, it appears UK and Ireland audiences won't have to wait much longer either.

It's no secret that AMC's decision to renew the previously canceled mystery series arose in part because of the VOD deal reached with streaming giant Netflix. While US subscribers will be able to stream the full third season just three months after its run on cable, UK and Ireland subscribers will gain next day access to the new episodes.

"We're thrilled to be bringing season three of 'The Killing' exclusively to our members in the UK and Ireland," said Ted Sarandos, Chief Content Officer at Netflix. "'The Killing' is an incredibly gripping fan favorite so we wanted to make each new episode available as soon as possible."

The crime drama's third season will pick up a year after the closing of the Rosie Larsen murder case which the first two seasons revolved around. Mireille Enos' Sarah Linden is drawn back to her old line of work when her former partner Stephen Holder (Joel Kinnaman) is confronted with a gruesome string of murders tied to one of Linden's old investigations.

The new season of "The Killing" will premiere on AMC on June 2nd, while UK and Ireland Netflix subscribers can access new episodes beginning June 3rd.

http://www.tvrage.com/news/6898/the-killing-next-day-streaming-for-uk-ireland-netflix-subscribers

Looks awesome. So happy that this show got renewed again.

Yeah I was surprised they canned it in the first place

• 4 weeks later...

I totally forgot about this until recently. So far, 5 episodes have aired. The 2-hour season premiere aired on June 2.

• 2 months later...

Incredibly disappointing, but not surprised. As long as it was taking them to announce anything, I figured it was going to be canceled. I hope Netflix picks the series up.