I want a game machine not a media center

Sony releasing statements saying "Sony's upcoming PlayStation 4 will be more of a home entertainment hub than what's been offered in the past." I can only imagine the same page being written for the Xbox Infinity. I want to play some great games, I'm tired of this cinematic press x to win gameplay. Especially with that pseudo "realism" without originality that games have been plagued with in the late 7th gen. I want games that don't spend most of their money on advertising dollars and more on content creation.

You know what I'm saiyan?

post-317332-0-84665600-1360969374.jpg

Well, it's the developers that decide what wins the game, not the console manufacturers.

Well, it's the developers that decide what wins the game, not the console manufacturers.

No that's not reality

it's up to the Publisher's to push consumers into their products. Developers have little say in what goes into their games.

By "home entertainment hub" they aren't talking about gameplay but all the other things you'll be able to do with the console (TV, movies, music, etc).

It shouldn't be such a priority. The focus should be on good games.

It shouldn't be such a priority. The focus should be on good games.

The people working on the OS and related apps are not the people who are working on the games. I don't really get your point.

What does a console being a media hub and game cinematics/QTEs have to do with each other? The 360 and PS3 are both media devices and I don't think game dev/quality suffered any this generation.

Hell, I am still waiting for DLNA on my Vita,

It's already a gaming machine at its core. Any media centre capabilities it will have are a bonus. Sony may likely advertise it as more than just a gaming machine but that wouldn't change the components. And it won't prevent developers from making great games.

As for quick time events, that's really up to the developer. I'm not a fan of them and I'd like to see it used less often.