Star Trek: Renegades (2014 webseries)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2621446/

Star Trek: Renegades

It is nearly ten years after Voyager's return from the Delta Quadrant, and the Federation is in a crisis. The Federation's main suppliers of dilithium crystals are disappearing. Space and time have folded around several planets, effectively isolating them from any contact with outside worlds. And this phenomenon is not natural - someone or something is causing this to happen. This necessitates drastic measures; some of which are outside the Federation's normal jurisdiction. For this, Admiral Pavel Chekov, head of Starfleet Intelligence, turns to Commander Tuvok, Voyager's former security officer and current head of the newly reorganized Section 31. Tuvok must put together a new covert, renegade crew - mostly outcasts and rogues - even criminals. This new crew is tasked with finding out what is causing the folding of time and space, and stopping it - at all costs. But will they be able to put aside their differences and stop trying to kill one another in time to accomplish their mission?

More at http://startrekrenegades.com

Tim Russ (Tuvok in Voyager) has signed on to direct Renegades.

The role of Captain Lexxa Singh will be played by Adrienne Wilkinson (Xena: Warrior Princess, Star Wars: The Clone Wars).

The Renegades? antagonist in the film, Borrada, will be played by Trek veteran J.G. Hertzler (Martok, DS9; Koval, Of Gods and Men)

Also currently in the cast are Walter Koenig (Chekov, Original Series), Tim Russ, Gary Graham (Alien Nation; Soval, Enterprise), Garrett Wang (Harry Kim, Voyager), Robert Picardo (the holodoctor, Voyager), Ethan Phillips (Neelix, Voyager), Manu Intiraymi (Icheb, Voyager), Corin Nemec (Stargate SG-1), Courtney Peldon (Entourage, Home Improvement), Larissa Gomes (Saw VI, Saw 3D), actress/stunt performer Tarah Paige (Make It or Break It, Rise of the Planet of the Apes), Vic Mignogna (Dragonball Z, Star Trek Continues) and Richard Herd (Admiral Paris, Voyager).

star-trek-renegades-4.jpg

• Like 2

As Voyager was one of my favs (DS9 being the other), this definitely interests me!! I always liked Tuvok as well.

Edit: I took the time to look over some of the other casting. It looks promising. I also like that some of the characters are tied to past Trek characters!

Another Edit: Ooooo Icheb!! Lol

I enjoyed Of Gods and Men, so looking forward to this as well :) I just hope that Ethan Phillips has more of a role than he did in the previous one..

Will be nice to see something Star Trek again :) (Star Trek 2009 doesn't count, and will find out if Star Trek Into Darkness counts soon)

I saw their Kickstarter campaign back in October and I was worried they wouldn't reach their funding goal. I didn't check it again at the end of November so I'm glad it's funded (with an additional $42K too). I'm definitely going to watch it when it's released.

If this had a real budget, as the TV series/movies did, it could be fantastic. I can't get over the extra-cheesy-ness of these low budget versions, like Of Gods & Men though.

Interesting story concept but I won't be able to get into it.

McCoy & Scotty lived long dnough to be on TNG.

Lol it's all quite ridiculous, time wise. Realistically, TNG takes place 98 years after TOS. Technically, Kirk, McCoy and Scotty would be dead. If you add Voyager to the equation, it's story takes place 105 years after TOS. So confusing...

Edit: Jesus...even THOSE numbers are wrong. It's also stated that McCoy is 137 years old in his cameo on TNG. Lol...wow.

McCoy & Scotty lived long dnough to be on TNG.

McCoy was on TNG? I don't remember that...

Also, didn't some sort of strange circumstance bring Scotty to TNG? He didn't actually live that long on all of that haggis.

McCoy was on TNG? I don't remember that...

Also, didn't some sort of strange circumstance bring Scotty to TNG? He didn't actually live that long on all of that haggis.

Scotty was trapped in a transporter pattern buffer.

• Like 2

Umm excuse my ignorance but since I never watched a "self-made" webseries, what can or rather what do I have to expect compared to a TV show?^^;

Umm excuse my ignorance but since I never watched a "self-made" webseries, what can or rather what do I have to expect compared to a TV show?^^;

not alot really, unless the budget is kinda high its going to look homemade

They will do what Amanda Tapping did with Sanctuary .... 90% green screen and cgi. And that didn't turn out to bad all things considered..

I loved Sanctuary. Was an excellent show!

They will do what Amanda Tapping did with Sanctuary .... 90% green screen and cgi. And that didn't turn out to bad all things considered..

Sanctuary I thought was an awful show

I'm not interested in non-canon content and I say that having watch every episode of every series and all the films.

I can't say I've seen every episode of every series as well as all the movies. I've seen most though and I don't think you should limit yourself to the canon. I read some of the Star Trek novels (namely the Destiny series) and although it wasn't canon, I found it to be very interesting. Star Trek: Renegades seems like it good be entertaining and interesting. It's also going to be free so it wouldn't hurt to check it out in case you might find it interesting.

Even non-canon Star Trek is excellent. Besides, not all canon Star Trek is great lol

There are a lot of good books (Not canon), games (Not canon) and comic books (Not canon).

There are some bad episodes (From all series), and bad movies (2009) that are canon but not very good.

In fact, Of Gods and Men is better than a few episodes lol

The acting isn't the greatest, the special effects aren't the greatest, the directing isn't the greatest, and Of Gods and Men was kinda long, but all things considering, I liked it :)

In fact, I'm looking forward to Renegades more than Into Darkness at the moment lol

I can't say I've seen every episode of every series as well as all the movies. I've seen most though and I don't think you should limit yourself to the canon. I read some of the Star Trek novels (namely the Destiny series) and although it wasn't canon, I found it to be very interesting. Star Trek: Renegades seems like it good be entertaining and interesting. It's also going to be free so it wouldn't hurt to check it out in case you might find it interesting.

It's not that I'm actively avoiding it or anything - it just doesn't interest me. I tried to watch Of Gods And Men but it comes across as incredibly amateur, from the production quality, to the acting, to the writing.

• Like 1