Wii U graphics vs Xbox 360/PS3

So far I've seen countless topics and videos comparing third party games between the two consoles. Every time the graphics are basically equal, sometimes the Wii U has more detail but sometimes the PS3/Xbox has better framerates.

There is one big flaw in comparing these games, they are not the best looking games on any console. You aren't going to get a Wii U because Assassins Creed 3 looks slightly better, the exclusive games are the games that pull you torwards a specific console.

The big exclusives the Wii U has:

- ZombiU

- Nintendo Land

- Super Mario Bros U

Best Xbox games graphically that Wii U doesn't have:

- Halo 4

- RAGE

- Gears of War 3

- Forza Horizon

- Dishonored

- Crysis 2

- Far Cry 3

- The Witcher 2

- LA Noire

- Battlefield 3

Best PS3 games graphically that Wii U doesn't have:

- Dishonored

- Far Cry 3

- Journey

- RAGE

- God of War 3

- Uncharted 3

- Gran Turismo 5

- LA Noire

- Battlefield 3

So effectively right now if you want to pick the console with the best graphics then the PS3 or Xbox is the winner by a mile. The Wii U has a good selection of third party games and of those games some of them might be better on the Wii U. But the other two consoles have many other third party games with much better graphics than any game currently available on the Wii U. Then many great looking exclusives on top of that.

So for now the Wii U is miles behind the competition graphically. But how does the rest of 2013 look, yet again the best looking games of 2013 aren't going to be on the Wii U. The best looking games coming to the Wii U in 2013 is Metro: Last Light, Injustice: Gods Among Us and Rayman Legends.

The other two have: BioShock Infinite, Gears of War: Judgment, Crysis 3, Tomb Raider, Grand Theft Auto V, God of War: Ascension and The Last of Us.

So we will have to wait until at least 2014 to see if the Wii U can overtake the other two consoles graphically and by then Sony and Microsoft could have their next consoles on the market.

I think this will really impact the Wii U as they could have grabbed a big slice of the 'hardcore gamers' market before Sony the Microsoft release their next consoles. I feel the Wii sold well because it was clearly better than the PS2/Xbox, it didn't have to compete too much with the Xbox 360 and PS3 because it was better than what most people already owned. This time that isn't the case making people question if it's really an upgrade and if it's worth it unless you only own a Wii.

• 2 months later...

I think the biggest issue is shedding the reputation of being known as the kiddie system is their biggest hurdle. The original Wii had so much shovel ware and only a handful of games worth getting and a huge portion of those worth getting were first party titles aside from Resident Evil 4. The Wii U did get the better version of Ninja Gaiden 3 however I still would not buy it due to wanting my achievements on the Xbox instead.

The problem is Nintendo are going to get leapfrogged, it is barely better than 6+ year old current gen consoles, just wait till next gen releases its going to get left in the dust.

There is no way they would have gotten any hardcore gamers, why would you spend 100-150 more than you can pick up a current gen console for to get barely better graphics and some silly tablet controller.

Moronic brain dead gamers are to blame. Not all gamers are like this ... but the graphics on Wii U are easily good enough to immerse yourself into a game. Gamers see a new graphics chip and go insane over it ... like it matters. Sure, Killzone 4 looks amazing and yes, I will be getting a PS4. But I also have a Gamecube set up running Time Splitters 2 and am Co-op gaming with a friend on it and loving it far more than a game like Crysis for instance. Sure, Crysis looks better, but it's monstrously overrated. Some developers put out too much crap on consoles, and the Wii did suffer from it, but it also hosted some of the best games of the generation ... there's no way Nintendo will shed the image unless they throw on some mental spec graphics processor to their next console and win the tech war. Gamers are often blinded by shiny things. Which does nothing for the apparent intelligence levels. I'm so glad I got out of the games industry ... it's got the worst, most judgemental and narrow minded customers on the planet. These gamers will eat the ********* food, and destroy their bodies with the worst crap they can buy ... yet they act like snobs when it comes to the amount of polygons or the texture resolution in a game. I know some people here will disagree with me, but the truth is, so many are like this, and you can't disagree with a fact.

You forgot Lego City Undercover (highly underrated game, its like playing GTA in legoland), anyone who picked up a Wii U expecting the best graphics and games is an idiot. I knew full well when buying mine that I was buying it for first party titles(Mario, Zelda, Mario Kart, etc) and a few exclusives like ZombieU and Rayman (at the time). I dont expect the Wii U to be that much different that the Wii as far as game choices, once the xbox and ps4 are released I know that the Wii U will be my 3rd gaming option in my house.

You are right graphics don't matter but the fact is they are selling a current gen console at next gen prices, or at least they tried to before the prices started tumbling down, what "facts" are you babbling on about, the consumers have spoken and current gen consoles are still outselling the Wii U almost 6 months after launch.

It was a mistake launching a current gen console at next gen prices with such a train wreck of an OS that it takes 10+ seconds just to load apps built into the OS and games like Lego City have such ridiculous load times its almost unbearable.

Seriously who wants to buy a console that has games that come out 6-12 months before on Xbox 360 and PS3 with shoehorned gimmicky tablet things like omg theres a map on the tablet or weeee lets hold it up in front of the screen to use it as a sniper scope.

You are right graphics don't matter but the fact is they are selling a current gen console at next gen prices, or at least they tried to before the prices started tumbling down, what "facts" are you babbling on about, the consumers have spoken and current gen consoles are still outselling the Wii U almost 6 months after launch.

It was a mistake launching a current gen console at next gen prices with such a train wreck of an OS that it takes 10+ seconds just to load apps built into the OS and games like Lego City have such ridiculous load times its almost unbearable.

The FACT is ... people favour graphics over gameplay ... that's true about a lot of gamers ... they're the low end of the intelligence bracket though. And for your information, Wii U's lack of sales was Nintendo's horrendous lack of marketing ... The Wii absolutely annihilated MS and Sony's consoles. It was marketed properly. The Wii U has barely been mentioned. Which I find odd. But hey .. I don't own one, I'm just sick of idiots rambling on about the tech spec's of consoles. Who gives a s**t ? Games are all that matter. You can't play the latest Zelda or Mario on MS or Sony... exclusives are the reason to buy, not graphics processing.

Yeah people favour graphics over gameplay thats why the Wii has sold double what PS3/360 has as well as consoles like 3DS and tablet gaming is all the rage.

I think it's hilarious how you think you are somehow above everyone else who like to talk about the guts of the machines with your pathetic snidey little comments trying to passive aggressively belittle everyone.

You don't say it in as many words but the tone in your post and attitude say otherwise. You literally just called everyone who compares graphics "brain dead gamers".

You are 3 years older than me, don't call me boy.

I think it's hilarious how you think you are somehow above everyone else

Same awesome attitude you showed in another thread, that prompted a response. It comes across as you are the one who feels they are superior...

Same awesome attitude you showed in another thread, that prompted a response. It comes across as you are the one who feels they are superior...

Have you read Hawkmans posts, lots of people have called him out not just me.

There's a difference between asking why Hawkman disregards professionals in the gaming dev community opinion over his own non-professional ones and Spirit Dave calling people moronic brain dead people with low intelligence because they like to discuss/compare graphics and the hardware that goes into consoles.

I don't care who has called out whom. Heck, Hawkman isn't even relevant to this thread. I am commenting on YOUR demeanor in the forum, nobody else's.

This is now two threads where you have clearly attempted to speak down to other members and yet accused them of allegedly acting superior. And yet the whole time act that way yourself.

Yeah speak down to someone who calls me a moronic brain dead gamer with low intelligence, am I supposed to smile and say thankyou.

I think the biggest issue is shedding the reputation of being known as the kiddie system is their biggest hurdle.

I don't think so. Nintendo is a good publisher and they could start publishing more mature games if they wanted to like the used to.

The biggest problem of Nintendo is they are fighting two behemonts with big pockets full of cash.

No matter what Nintendo does Microsoft will counter with moar cash. Nintendo has lot of money but not enough to fight Microsoft in the long run. I think NIntendo strategy while boring as a gamer perspective is actually a good business strategy. They are aiming for a different market than Microsoft and Sony and are not bleeding cash. Who knows what might happen in the future? The market will change and Nintendo with its current strategy should still be around.

Yeah speak down to someone who calls me a moronic brain dead gamer with low intelligence, am I supposed to smile and say thankyou.

He didn't call YOU anything. Stop acting like a child, taking global references to heart and then naming random other members when called up on it!

Not by name but I mention graphics compared to ps3/360 and he goes on a rant about how gamers preferring graphics are brain dead morons??????????

He quite clearly was talking in general - not directly about you. Just relax man! You get yourself all wound up and take a cruddy attitude.

I jump in this thread only to find two teens 31 and 34 yr olds going back and forth about personal attacks.. maybe both of you should find other things to worry about in life and possibly get on topic.