Photo

HD Webcams! For showing PC Screen?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 outspoken

outspoken

Neowinian

Posted 18 February 2013 - 16:27

I don't understand why you _need_ to have a Video camera? I am sure you can send Good quality photos (using a digicam) of the machine's panel and display. Use the Webcam only to show engineers face when talking (so you know he is not lying when he says he did not press the big red button).

#17 OP +Byté

Byté

Neowinian

• Phone: iPhone 5S

Posted 18 February 2013 - 22:47

Sorry for the late reply guys, just to clarify...

This old machinery has CRT monitors to control it, but alot of the machinery has DOS commands to control it, or they are using old Win 95 Boxes... They even have spares incase one of the boxes suddenly dies they can just swap it out with a new one! Apparently a new updated version of the software to run on a new PC (Like Windows 7) its over £20k, and we cant justify that.

So what we need to do, is one of the engineers can skype call the main engineer if he is out of the building, and be able to show him what is going on with the machine, what lights are on the machine at the top, what is showing on the screen, and what the status is of the various water levels etc. The only way we can think of doing this is having a webcam connected to a laptop, which is connected to the network wirelessly, so it can be taken around the building showing the people on the skype call whatever they need to see,

I hope that helps clear it up!

#18 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 18 February 2013 - 23:18

So, again, why a big bulky laptop and not a smartphone. Same camera, same Skype. A lot more portable.

#19 episode

episode

Neowinian Fanatic

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 18 February 2013 - 23:25

So, again, why a big bulky laptop and not a smartphone. Same camera, same Skype. A lot more portable.

Not even a smartphone. iPod touch.

#20 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: I use telepathy and cat meows to communicate

Posted 19 February 2013 - 00:53

Buy a used Android smartphone off ebay or something and use that.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!