• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#16 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• 17,211 posts
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 19 February 2013 - 23:38

Pre-tax match won't convince me to buy from your stores. Try matching the EXACT amount coming out of my wallet and you might have a convincing policy.
Why would anyone want to pay tax and deal with a store with cr@p customer service?

For the convenience of having it right then and there as opposed to waiting the day or two it would take to be delivered is the only reason I can think of. I know there have been a few things I have purchased from Amazon recently that if I could have taken the 10 minute drive to Best Buy and have it right then and there, especially on a weekend, I would have.

That may very well just be me though.

#17 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:40

It's not going to save Best Buy. If I have to spend the time to find a cheaper price somewhere I'm very likely to buy that item somewhere instead of going back to Best Buy.

#18 Rickkins

Rickkins

Neowinian

• 649 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy S3

Posted 23 February 2013 - 21:36

Doesn't seem to apply to Canada...

#19 primexx

primexx

Neowinian Senior

• 12,803 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 22:15

Still 60 for Silver members. Also not happy that they eliminated post purchase price matching from everyone else. Only if you purchased from Best Buy. I wonder if it would work if you did a return/rebuy and then price match.

I thought that's what they did anyways

#20 soniqstylz

soniqstylz

Neowin Trophy Slore

• 8,799 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 22:22

Pre-tax match won't convince me to buy from your stores. Try matching the EXACT amount coming out of my wallet and you might have a convincing policy.
Why would anyone want to pay tax and deal with a store with cr@p customer service?

B&M: Differing locations offering different tax rates.

Onine: save on shipping, and have your product in-hand right there, ie, convenience.

#21 Circaflex

Circaflex

Neowinian Senior

• 4,715 posts
  • Phone: shamu

Posted 23 February 2013 - 22:22

Post purchase pricematching is still there and not eliminated; not sure how you came to that conclusion. They still allow it, just changed the terms its a return and repurchase, its still what they did before just a different set of keys in the system.

Some of you guys are pretty funny, stick it to them because! consumers have complained BBY had terrible pricing, wouldnt match, etc. Pricing is much more in-line with other retailers and now they can price match online sites as well. Why would you risk shipping, possibly having to return something to a online retailer when you can get it local for the same price and know you can return it. Sure some of you will complain about paying for tax but thats all going to be changing shortly, we see what happened in california with amazon.

#22 Draconian Guppy

Draconian Guppy

LippyZillaD Council

• 15,863 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 22:31

Agreed, if they're not matching up with tax included Meh...

though on dpreview, there are numerous folks that have had success getting best buy matching online price for digital cameras, tax included(or lack thereof). Don't remember exact forum though.( may have been d600/d800 forum ).

#23 Night Prowler

Night Prowler

Root Access

• 1,068 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 23:18

This will be a great little app for someone to build. Get the price from BB for your product, them grab all the local retailers prices based on your area code, then grab all the 19 "major online competitors" prices, and finally match and pick the cheapest. Then your all locked and loaded for the "Best Buy" experience, and is instant while your at your local BB store.

#24 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 63,491 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 23:28

I wonder how Best Buy verifys the competitor's lower price -- are they going to phone them each time ?

#25 The Laughing Man

The Laughing Man

Neowinian Senior

• 2,964 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 23:51

Starting of the Going out of Business sale....

#26 Circaflex

Circaflex

Neowinian Senior

• 4,715 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:08

I wonder how Best Buy verifys the competitor's lower price -- are they going to phone them each time ?

if its a small difference they wont even verify, if its a large discount they will check the web and ensure the product is available to be shipped from that online retailler, all POS machines have browser capabilities. BBY also keeps up to date tabs on retailers and know most of the deals people will be coming in to price match, if its a retail store they will call to make sure its instock so they can match it

#27 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:09

Starting of the Going out of Business sale....

Probably. I call them Worst Buy now.

#28 Circaflex

Circaflex

Neowinian Senior

• 4,715 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:19

care to elaborate? it doesnt make sense to me that you can call them worst buy when they price match if its lower...

#29 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 63,491 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:24

I've called them Best Not Buy, for years. :laugh:

#30 Mikee4fun

Mikee4fun

Neowinian

• 636 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:28

Haters going to hate. I wish no business to go out of business. One small step for BB and they need more steps to be more competitive. Once online tax become mandatory in all states, it will be nice for everyone to have a fair shake.

Just my thoughts...