#1 f0rk_b0mb

f0rk_b0mb

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: Motorola Moto G

Posted 19 February 2013 - 22:42

iOS 6.1.2 was released today! This 12.8mb update fixes:

-Fixed MS exchange bug

The Evasion Jailbreak still works. :D Make sure to get the updated version from their site.

#2 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

Posted 19 February 2013 - 23:37

So glad that Evasion works with this update. I'll be doing a full restore update this evening. It would be good to do a clean install of all my jailbroken apps anyway...

This tweet from MuscleNerd is...troubling...

Many people are misinformed about saved SHSH blobs. For most devices after iPhone4, they will NOT let you downgrade -- so avoid 6.1.2

Sauce: https://twitter.com/...946514806501377

So... I guess that means once Apple patches the vulnerability that allows the Jailbreak and stops signing jailbreakable versions folks with a device newer than iPhone 4 are screwed if ever they need to do a full restore of their phone.

#3 Co_Co

Co_Co

g status

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:23

whats the best way to update then jailbreak? can i just plug into itunes update and then re-evasion? if it involves restore or backup ill just skip the update

#4 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:55

The only safe way is to do a firmware restore, backup restore, apply latest evasion.

I just went through the process and it wasn't too bad for my backup size. Took about a 45 mins.

Right now there doesn't appear to be a way to "downgrade" devices newer than iPhone 4. It may be a problem to update to 6.1.2 in the future because Apple may release a new version (that breaks JB) and stop signing.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!