Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

ios iOS 6.1.2 Released

Question

Posted

iOS 6.1.2 was released today! This 12.8mb update fixes:

-Fixed MS exchange bug

The Evasion Jailbreak still works. :D Make sure to get the updated version from their site.
1 person likes this

3 answers to this question

Posted

So glad that Evasion works with this update. I'll be doing a full restore update this evening. It would be good to do a clean install of all my jailbroken apps anyway...

This tweet from MuscleNerd is...troubling...
[quote]
Many people are misinformed about saved SHSH blobs. For most devices after iPhone4, they will NOT let you downgrade -- so avoid 6.1.2
[/quote]

Sauce: https://twitter.com/MuscleNerd/status/303946514806501377

So... I guess that means once Apple patches the vulnerability that allows the Jailbreak and stops signing jailbreakable versions folks with a device newer than iPhone 4 are screwed if ever they need to do a full restore of their phone.

Posted

whats the best way to update then jailbreak? can i just plug into itunes update and then re-evasion? if it involves restore or backup ill just skip the update

Posted

The only safe way is to do a firmware restore, backup restore, apply latest evasion.

I just went through the process and it wasn't too bad for my backup size. Took about a 45 mins.

Right now there doesn't appear to be a way to "downgrade" devices newer than iPhone 4. It may be a problem to update to 6.1.2 in the future because Apple may release a new version (that breaks JB) and stop signing.