10 year-old boy found naked & drunk

SPRING HILL, FL (WFTS/CNN) - Police are investigating after a 10-year-old was found wandering around a Florida neighborhood, naked and drunk.

"He couldn't even stand. He was just, you know. Naked," said Amanda Roesch, a neighbor.

Roesch is a mom.

"And I'm like, come in the house, baby and I went and got some of my son's clothes," she said. "They had come across him, you know, going up and down, naked, completely naked. No underwear, no socks, nothing."

Two neighbors walking their dog came across the 10-year-old wandering the neighborhood without a stitch of clothing. In a state no child should ever experience.

"He was so intoxicated that he didn't realize he had no clothes on," Roesch said.

According to the Hernando County Sheriff's Office, his caretaker, Nedra Byrd, was intoxicated too, and passed out in her home across the street with a friend.

"The juvenile said that the caregiver provided the brandy," said Denise Moloney, Hernando County Sheriff's Office.

When deputies arrived they found a half-empty bottle of Christian Brother's Brandy on her counter and took the fourth-grader to the hospital.

"And they went ahead and did a blood alcohol which came out to .108, which an adult would be considered impaired driving at .08," Moloney said.

Roesch is still shaken-up.

"How do you not know your child is missing and drunk, wandering down a dark road in the cold? I just don't understand."

source