Photo

Are you guys even interested in the new consoles?

• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

#1 Motoko.

Motoko.

Neowinian Senior

• 4,767 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:20

The hype compared with the 7th gen and this upcoming gen has seen a dramatic decline in enthusiasm.

#2 1941

Banned

• 18,175 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:36

Not me, I prefer PC Gaming.

#3 Raa

Raa

Resident president

• 12,983 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:41

New console, same old arguements.

Not me, I prefer PC Gaming.

Same. Always been a PC gamer. It's where gaming belongs tbh.

#4 tim_s

tim_s

• 401 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:44

Yes and No - I plan on skipping this generation. Sticking with PC gaming.

#5 Blackhearted

Blackhearted

• 3,240 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2 (VM)

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:46

I am. It'll be nice to finally see video game graphics start to significantly improve again for the first time in years with the outing of these near 8 year old boxes.

#6 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• 6,225 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:47

I can tell you one thing for sure. The current generation bores me to death since day 1.

#7 OP Motoko.

Motoko.

Neowinian Senior

• 4,767 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:51

I can tell you one thing for sure. The current generation bores me to death since day 1.

Only a handful of games I really cared about from this one.

#8 1941

Banned

• 18,175 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:56

My brother in law has an X Box and he says that at least in first person shooters, it is way more accurate on a PC.

#9 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• 17,212 posts
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:08

My brother in law has an X Box and he says that at least in first person shooters, it is way more accurate on a PC.

That is a bit of a slanted argument though, as by default, the keyboard and mouse is going to provide much more accuracy. This goes without saying.

I for one am very much looking forward to this next generation of consoles. I game on everything. PC, PS3, XBox 360, WiiU, PS Vita, iPad, etc. etc. So I welcome any new hardware into the mix.

Truth be told, PC is the best overall platform, but PC is not what I use the most. Not even close. In fact I am currently playing Crysis 3 on my PC, and it is the first game I have purchased on my PC since Battlefield 3. The reason why? I work in front of a computer all day. To game on my PC, means coming home and continuing to sit in front of a computer. When I was younger this was okay. Now, not so much. I like my couch. I like my 55" HDTV. I LOVE my 7.1 Surround Sound system that is hooked up to my TV and consoles.

Honestly, once I decide to play whatever game it may be, what I am playing it on becomes all but irrelevant, and I simply just enjoy the act of playing a video game. So console, PC, handheld, does not really matter at all to me, just keep delivering games to play and I am happy.

#10 OP Motoko.

Motoko.

Neowinian Senior

• 4,767 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:21

That is a bit of a slanted argument though, as by default, the keyboard and mouse is going to provide much more accuracy. This goes without saying.

I for one am very much looking forward to this next generation of consoles. I game on everything. PC, PS3, XBox 360, WiiU, PS Vita, iPad, etc. etc. So I welcome any new hardware into the mix.

Truth be told, PC is the best overall platform, but PC is not what I use the most. Not even close. In fact I am currently playing Crysis 3 on my PC, and it is the first game I have purchased on my PC since Battlefield 3. The reason why? I work in front of a computer all day. To game on my PC, means coming home and continuing to sit in front of a computer. When I was younger this was okay. Now, not so much. I like my couch. I like my 55" HDTV. I LOVE my 7.1 Surround Sound system that is hooked up to my TV and consoles.

Honestly, once I decide to play whatever game it may be, what I am playing it on becomes all but irrelevant, and I simply just enjoy the act of playing a video game. So console, PC, handheld, does not really matter at all to me, just keep delivering games to play and I am happy.

Do you use headphones when you game on PC?

I have the ATH-A700, everything sounds incredible, I prefer it over my bose v200 5.1 system

One thing I want to add is that I gamed on very few consoles that are available this, the amount that has come out for console and handhelds is more than usual and I haven't gotten a chance to try out everything such as the 3DS, Vita, and PS3

#11 Gerowen

Gerowen

Neowinian Senior

• 3,581 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:24

I like my PS3, but I'll have to admit, even as a Linux user, I've found myself purchasing more commercial games that have Linux ports than games for my consoles. That's not a lot either way you slice it since I've been pretty strapped for cash lately, but I spend more time playing games on my computer than I do on my console.

#12 virtorio

virtorio

Neowinian Senior

• 8,531 posts
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:24

If this was all happening about a year ago then yes.
But now I'm back on board with PC games, so no.

#13 JaredFrost

JaredFrost

Neowinian

• 1,356 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:30

We don't really know what these upcoming consoles have to offer, and the rumours we do have are pretty anti-consumer, so why would anyone be excited about that.

#14 The_Observer

The_Observer

Apples, Bananas, Rhinoceros!

• 4,001 posts
  • Phone: iPhone5s

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:30

Dont game enough to worry about getting one. Have a PS3 that i use only for media and with TVs supporting most formats now ill sell it off soon.

#15 firey

firey

F͎̗͉͎͈͑͡ȉ͎̣̐́ṙ͖̺͕͙̓̌è̤̞͉̟̲͇̍̍̾̓ͥͅy͓̍̎̌̏̒

• 8,070 posts
  • Phone: Android (4.4.2)

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:34

Always been a PC Gamer. Owned a PS2, 3, PSP and 100% plan on buying PS4 at launch, interested to see what it can do. That said PC will always be my go-to gaming system.