Are you guys even interested in the new consoles?

I'm interested, I want to see if MS or Sony can hit full convergence. Can Microsoft finish what they started with 360 and integrate it even more so its faster/quicker? I use Netflix/hulu/amazon prime like mad on my 360, also xbox music. Interested in seeing how that gets improved or what other channels they add. Will sony do the same?

I'm interested, I want to see if MS or Sony can hit full convergence. Can Microsoft finish what they started with 360 and integrate it even more so its faster/quicker? I use Netflix/hulu/amazon prime like mad on my 360, also xbox music. Interested in seeing how that gets improved or what other channels they add. Will sony do the same?

Considering Microsoft also has a very popular operating system, a line of phones and a line tablets, it would be a shame if they didn't.

i can't play games with a joystick, at least not since the atari 2600 or the c64...

so no, not looking forward to any console

lol, joysticks and thumbsticks are vastly different beasts, even though they are essentially the same thing. It definitely has a learning curve, but once you get the hang of it.... :) And for some types of games, joypads are without doubt the better option.

The down side is, my keyboard and mouse skills have gone right out the window :(

I suppose you might not be talking about this particular topic, but you're welcome to report them if they're just harassing people.

I may have been slightly exaggerating, but do PC gamers not have the ability to control themselves when it comes to commenting in a console thread?

PC gaming FTW!

PC for life!

lol consoles, prefer my PC, can ungrade it

Enjoy your outdated hardware console fagz

etc.

• Like 2

I may have been slightly exaggerating, but do PC gamers not have the ability to control themselves when it comes to commenting in a console thread?

Probably. I pretty much don't comment on console threads at all since I don't own a console anymore, so I couldn't tell you.

Considering most of my gaming these days is on a console, yes I am interested in the new PS4. I just don't jump around when they talk about specs, I want to see the games and play them. Until I can do that there isn't much point in me getting all hyped up.

No, im quite board of console gaming and have found myself returning to PC gaming more often. My current 360 and PS3 will more than likely be my last consoles for the foreseeable future.

On that note, why don't you just show them this?

http://www.bit-tech....ll-to-directx/1

Anyone who thinks PC gaming is superior in every way is living under a rock.

Oh wow, yea that really shows PC gamers who is boss lol

This thread is posted in the Gaming section which PC gaming is apart of.

I don't get why PC gamers are so dismissive of the next-gen consoles, they are a huge step up in power which means multiplatform games that are on console and PC will look even better on the PC, its win win all round.

This thread is posted in the Gaming section which PC gaming is apart of.

He didn't say console forum, he said console thread.... that doesn't excuse the di**head attitude a lot of PC gamers have.

He didn't say console forum, he said console thread.... that doesn't excuse the di**head attitude a lot of PC gamers have.

Welcome to the internet, you must be new around here. You will find people with bad attitudes everywhere on the internet. This forum is not exempt and responding to them just eggs them on.

I don't get why PC gamers are so dismissive of the next-gen consoles

I mean there's also all the 32 bit software that won't be a thing on the next gen consoles, the stuff using a ten year old graphics API, hell I just bought a game which is removing a basic graphics feature in a forthcoming patch for people with eight year old graphics cards...

I am a PC gamer, and I won't have to deal with this **** on the next consoles. I'm sure someday I'll come back to PC gaming.

Not me, I prefer PC Gaming.

I don't own a console now, and I have no plans to.

Big-screen gaming? Please - my PC can do that. (Mister Hooptie - my Visiontek HD5450 iSilence - is HDMI-equipped; any successor MUST support HDMI.)

I'm not a massive gamer, but I bought a Wii U and it's the best thing I've ever bought. Yes, the UI needs works, and the games aren't that much different (except HD mario <3), but it's the little things - like being able to play a game on my Wii using the gamepad screen downstairs, and how the controller does streaming video, has a headphone port, has virtual surround sound.

Next-gen isn't about super graphics to me (current consoles are fine in that area IMO), but about refinement of the experience.

I game on the 360 solely because I'm an achievement wh0re. The PS4 is my media center.

One of my other main reasons for using the 360 is exactly this. Those achievements are so damn addictive! And you use a PS4 as a media centre already? :rofl:

Finally landed a 5 star job, so of course I'm interested, now I can afford all 3 consoles and a powerful PC :D

Looking forward to the new consoles, definitely getting at least one of them and probably both.

I doubt I'll get both. Unless MS announce some interesting, new, and exclusive IPs.

I doubt they will. They'll probably just milk halo some more and try further to force kinect onto you.