Messages from [PSN]?

Just got a message from [PSN] with an attachment for a voucher for $10 for the PSN Store (for being a long and loyal customer). Message seems legit at first, and I think I have gotten messages from [PSN] about games like Journey, but something seems just a tag "Nigerian prince" about this.

Has anyone else gotten one, or gotten [PSN] messages? I know there were scams about $50 gifts about a year ago.

God, I get those annoying things all the time.

I keep telling them, Rule of thumb: Sony will never contact you via psn messaging, if they want to give away free credit or whatever, they'll email you via your psn account email address. But alas, they keep coming, I've deleted most of the friends I used to have, the ones I still have are the ones whom I game regularly with.

And yes, one of the newest ones tells you to input a code after chaining the message to all of your friends.

Yep. Looks legit:

PlayStation Network users have taken to Twitter, NeoGAF, and other places stating that they've received a $10 credit to their PlayStation Network account. Along with the cash comes this nice little message saying "Thank you for being a loyal customer and fan of the PlayStation Network. As a token of our appreciation, we've sent you $10.00 to spend on the PlayStation Store!"

It's not quite clear exactly why certain users got the free money, and why others haven't. It's not even clear why Sony has done this in the first place. It's definitely going to keep the Sony hype machine going until tonight's possible PlayStation 4 reveal in New York.

Whatever the case, some of you lucky folks have some cash to blow on a new PlayStation Network game! What are you going to buy? Oh, and you better act quick as as the $10 credit expires on March 5, 2013.

(US) PSN just sent me $10 US PSN credit in my inbox [NeoGAF, pictures via @Wario64]

Read more at http://www.destructoid.com/playstation-may-have-just-sent-10-to-your-psn-account-246073.phtml#TJJODbZGDOIv5bkZ.99

We might get something, BUT whenever there seems to be credit payouts the US always seem to get them with the EU not. Same as the recent Vita referral scheme that allowed the US to get $10 credit for every Vita referral they managed, people were exchanging serial numbers to hit the free $100 store credit limit.