Man dies from gunshot 36 years later

Police in California are probing the murder of a 62-year-old man who died Monday, some 36 years after he was shot.

Walter Johnson, 62, was paralyzed by a shooting in 1977 and ultimately died from medical complications resulting from the incident.

Sacramento police say Johnson was driving to his parents' home on April 9, 1977, when three men blocked the roadway with their car on San Carlos Way. Johnson was shot in the upper body after a brief struggle, police said, and he was then robbed. The three suspects fled in their red or brown Ford Pinto and were never apprehended. Johnson suffered paralysis from the bullet wound.

In an interview with local station News 10, Johnson's brother, Donald, claimed the suspects mistook Walter for him.

"He was looking for me. He thought it was me," Donald Johnson Sr. told the station. He also said his brother had forgiven his attackers.

At the time of the incident, investigators gathered evidence and conducted interviews, but never identified the three suspects. Since Johnson died from complications stemming from the shooting, his death is now considered a homicide.

Anyone with information about the 1977 shooting is urged to call Sacramento Crime Alert at (916) 443-4357. Authorities said a reward is being offered.

source

Reminded me of a story I heard years ago, not sure if true, but it went something like: A guy was having an affair with his neighbours wife, the husband went over on day while he was cutting the grass and shot him, the bullet missed and hit a tree

20 years later, his new neighbours were cutting the tree down with a chainsaw, the chain caught the bullet firing it out of the tree and killing its original target who was also on his lawn

• Like 2

In an interview with local station News 10, Johnson's brother, Donald, claimed the suspects mistook Walter for him.

"He was looking for me. He thought it was me," Donald Johnson Sr. told the station. He also said his brother had forgiven his attackers.

Sounds like his brother knew who did it then.....?

Reminded me of a story I heard years ago, not sure if true, but it went something like: A guy was having an affair with his neighbours wife, the husband went over on day while he was cutting the grass and shot him, the bullet missed and hit a tree

20 years later, his new neighbours were cutting the tree down with a chainsaw, the chain caught the bullet firing it out of the tree and killing its original target who was also on his lawn

Oh the irony.....