How dumb are we ? 1895 final exam

A cord or a bushel was not "industry specific" in 1895. :laugh:

I imagine they also used furlongs, which is equally as industry specific.

They could have used the chubby checker unit too.

I partially agree with what you said. Except, many times in life, one cannot simply access the www to obtain an answer. E.G., a construction site. You'd have to know how and do the equation in your head or with the only tool available, a pencil. You wouldn't last long on the job if you had to get off your ladder every minute to punch an equation in or lookup something on a smart phone.

Yes, you should know things that are relevant to your job when you get older.

"What is the inclination of the Earth?" is not one of them.

^ If you are an astronomer, or meteorologist, it may be relevant. ;)

And for the fun of it:

The earth orbits the sun in the ecliptic plane with the other planets orbiting relatively close to the ecliptic.

Its inclination (axial tilt) of about 23.4 degrees gives rise to the seasons on earth.

Sometimes you will see earth's inclination reported as 7.25 degrees. This refers to the angle formed between earth's orbital plane (the ecliptic) and the plane containing the equator of the sun. This is completely different from the tilt of the earth's axis relative to the earth's orbital plane.

I partially agree with what you said. Except, many times in life, one cannot simply access the www to obtain an answer. E.G., a construction site. You'd have to know how and do the equation in your head or with the only tool available, a pencil. You wouldn't last long on the job if you had to get off your ladder every minute to punch an equation in or lookup something on a smart phone.

im not talking about basic math,basic physics,etc.. im talking about the more advanced stuff that no one remembers anyways. its a waste of time. if I want to major in engineering then im going to have to learn this stuff from the beginning anyways.

who gives a crap. if someone wanted any of this info they can get it in a few seconds. we never needed to memorize all this useless junk. schools should focus on teaching real life **** and skills than making students read some ancient old English literature from the days of the dinosaur.

I see you had issues with your history class.

Actually he should be thinking of the UN, the EU was founded within my life time (90s).

Yes, back in 1939 when Charlie Chaplin and his evil Nazi regime tried to take over the world, but then the "UN" emerged and the "UN" "un-nazied" the world forever.

Also, didn't Europe form after the Second World War?

That has to be stupidest statement ever! Europe is a continent consisting of a bunch of countries most of which have been around since the 15th century.

Now the European Union is a different matter, and that is the countries joining a political & economic body and a sharing a currency, that was formed in 1993