82 replies to this topic

#16 +Brando212

Brando212

Causer of disasters

• Tech Issues Solved: 10
  • Phone: Sony Xperia ZL

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:54

http://www.vgleaks.c...ngo-unveiled-2/ they are narly the same

the only main difference (which is in Sony's favor btw) is the PS4 is using GDDR5 ram vs nextbox just using DDR3

I'm sure 99% of your post is FUD and hate for Sony, but if the above is not part of that 99% then I'll be seriously disappointed. I hate FaceBook and refuse to use it despite all the odd looks I get from people for not being on there and a console will not be the reason I sign up.

So here's the hoping you misquoted or took something out of context when you wrote that.

don't worry, it's pure FUD
i don't believe they even mentioned Facebook at the conference

#17 compl3x

compl3x

One day until retirement

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:57

You're not going to be forced to use FB or Twitter or anything else.

You'll be able to sign into facebook and share stuff but it isn't going to be mandatory.

#18 Motoko.

Motoko.

Neowinian Senior

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:09

the only main difference (which is in Sony's favor btw) is the PS4 is using GDDR5 ram vs nextbox just using DDR3

don't worry, it's pure FUD
i don't believe they even mentioned Facebook at the conference

Now I'm wondering if you didn't watch the conference..

Attached Images

• fbd.png

#19 +Brando212

Brando212

Causer of disasters

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:10

well like i said in another thread, i only got to see like half of the stream, hence the "I don't believe"

#20 Cheatyface

Cheatyface

Did I cheat? No. ....Yes.

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:14

Still waiting for that citation showing where it's required.

#21 +warwagon

warwagon

Only you can prevent forest fires.

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:15

Where in that photo does it say "Facebook" is required? All that pictures says is they support facebook and ustream on the playstation network.

Posted Image

Here ya go, you are probably getting low. Or maybe you can barrow some from Dot Matrix, I just gave him a whole bunch! :)

#22 DPyro

DPyro

Neowinian Senior

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:17

Do you even own a PS3? The ability to post stuff to Facebook is already a feature. Any mention of it for PS4 is nothing new and has nothing to do with how you sign into PSN.

#23 +Brando212

Brando212

Causer of disasters

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:17

i like how humanz only replied to me when i said i didn't believe facebook was mentioned in the conference but ignored all the other posts proving his ranting to be fud

#24 Motoko.

Motoko.

Neowinian Senior

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:18

i like how humanz only replied to me when i said i didn't believe facebook was mentioned in the conference but ignored all the other posts proving his ranting to be fud

it's all good

#25 Blackhearted

Blackhearted

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2 (VM)

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:24

http://www.vgleaks.c...ngo-unveiled-2/ they are narly the same

No they're not. If the rumored xbox 3 specs end up true, then the ps4 has a 50% advantage in gpu power. That's not minor in the least.

#26 HawkMan

HawkMan

Badass Viking

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:36

Actually the reason they didn't show it is because after adding 4 more gigs of ram, they need to redesign the whole motherboard and thus the whole console.

Such a late game redesign is very risky to start with since they now have very limited time to test and QnA the new design, and refit and test the production lines before production.

Basically they're setting it up for a potential 1 year failure ala RRoD.

#27 +dead.cell

dead.cell

My Body My Temple

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy SII

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:00

I love competition to bring us great things, but is it bad that I want the PS4 to blow the next Xbox out of the water even, if only for the fact that it'd make my decision that much easier? I don't want to pay for multiplayer, I don't have time for another added expense for something I may or may not use that often. I just want it to work. Don't get me wrong, I think the 360 has the greatest controller ever, and I like the software layout too. I'm not a hater by any means, I'm just being realistic here in terms of my money, especially considering the recent discovery of all the benefits one would get out of Playstation Plus, if I decided to subscribe to such a thing. I say this also as someone who receives discounts on 360 games and various Microsoft products as it stands too.

Posted Image
(picture just for lulz)

#28 +Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• Tech Issues Solved: 8
  • Phone: Sony Xperia Z1 Compact

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:17

I love competition to bring us great things, but is it bad that I want the PS4 to blow the next Xbox out of the water even, if only for the fact that it'd make my decision that much easier? I don't want to pay for multiplayer, I don't have time for another added expense for something I may or may not use that often. I just want it to work. Don't get me wrong, I think the 360 has the greatest controller ever, and I like the software layout too. I'm not a hater by any means, I'm just being realistic here in terms of my money, especially considering the recent discovery of all the benefits one would get out of Playstation Plus, if I decided to subscribe to such a thing. I say this also as someone who receives discounts on 360 games and various Microsoft products as it stands too.

Posted Image
(picture just for lulz)

Well to answer the first part of your question, as a consumer, not really, I think it's a good idea, healthy competition forces manufacturers to make sure the consumer, or end user if you prefer, gets the most bang for their buck, so long as they're not cutting corners on quality, for now it would seem as we're all in for a treat with these new consoles. :)

#29 +dead.cell

dead.cell

My Body My Temple

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy SII

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:22

Well to answer the first part of your question, as a consumer, not really, I think it's a good idea, healthy competition forces manufacturers to make sure the consumer, or end user if you prefer, gets the most bang for their buck, so long as they're not cutting corners on quality, for now it would seem as we're all in for a treat with these new consoles. :)

Yeah, I'm with you on that. I'm just being the worst kind of consumer by wanting a simpler choice, instead of many great choices. :p

#30 ingramator

ingramator

Hacker

• Phone: Lumia 920, iPhone 5, GS3

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:25

No they're not. If the rumored xbox 3 specs end up true, then the ps4 has a 50% advantage in gpu power. That's not minor in the least.

Oh please. First understand that a GPUs "power" does not translate to graphics output, just don't even try... Even if the PS4's GPU manages to have 4 times as much "power" you can rest assure the new xbox will drive a better picture quality.

Anyway let's just wait and see!

PS. Didn't learn much from the press release but still looks promising. Can't wait for them to show the device and give us a run down on all the features! Will also be interesting to see if Sony markets this as a hardcore gaming or muli-entertainment device!

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!