920: Photos Taken

Wow, I thought the 920 had a better camera.

That seems to be a nighttime photo..

I'd figure we start a thread for the 920 users here of the photos

It's a nice idea..totally support it! Hope that more 920 users contribute! :D

That seems to be a nighttime photo..

It's a nice idea..totally support it! Hope that more 920 users contribute! :D

My old HTC ONE X and my current iPhone 5 takes better night time pics.

Believe me, this is not meant to troll. I've read a lot about how good the 920 camera is, I was shocked to see this.

Id like to see any cell phone camera take better pictures than hat, as that appears to be taken in pitch black with several high power lights pointed right at the camera messing up the dynamic depth. Yet it still managed to accurately expose the pitch black night sky, that would appear as just black to us.

Many point and shoots would have problems with that pictures, even slr's would struggle without an experienced operator.

The problem with that picture isn't the camera, it's the location. It's a terrible place for a nighttime photo where all the light poles ruling the picture killing the dynamic rang and messing up the cameras exposure.

These pictures taken outside in my backyard with almost total darkness.

With flash

Without flash

That is excellent.

Without a side-by-side comparison, you can't say that for certain. That's a very difficult scene to photograph.

These pictures taken outside in my backyard with almost total darkness.

With flash

nxux3q.jpg

Without flash

122lxz8.jpg

Now that looks a lot better.

That is excellent.

Without a side-by-side comparison, you can't say that for certain. That's a very difficult scene to photograph.

I could do that this night. However that would be thread crashing, no?

HTC has nice camera on their phones I agree. Never used an iPhone (and never will) but comparisons around the web show the 5's camera is no match to the 920. I don't know for me the best phone camera experiece was one of those Cybershot phones from Sony several years ago. I've yet to come across another phone that you can truly just point and shoot and the every pic comes out great.

I took these pictures with my Lumia 920 when selling my dad's Desire C on olx, which he hated quite a lot. The indoor pictures at close range were quite good so thought of sharing them.

post-41368-0-21056200-1361506812.jpg

post-420821-0-80813500-1361539949.jpg

A shot of my fair city I captured after the last winter storm (AKA "Sandy" if you're one of the Weather Channel goons who insists on naming winter storms)

• Like 2