chromeos chromebook pixel

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• 5,803 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 20:04

**** i had to triple check my calendar just to be sure it's not april 1st ...

#17 +techbeck

techbeck

Neowinian Senior

• 18,252 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 20:04

It can run ChromeOS, it's quite clear what that can do.

So all it can do is run an OS, that is it? You cannot type on it, run applications, or browse the internet or do anything else...just run an OS.

#18 siah1214

siah1214

Neowinian Senior

• 2,174 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 20:07

What a joke.
I guess there's really not much else to say about this.

#19 Sandor

Sandor

Neowinian Senior

• 3,933 posts
  • Phone: WP8

Posted 21 February 2013 - 20:11

Or spend less than that on a top end laptop that comes with a proper OS and proper storage! It'll even have a DVD drive for when you want to install new software or watch a movie!

#20 threetonesun

threetonesun

Neowinian Senior

• 11,943 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 20:12

So all it can do is run an OS, that is it? You cannot type on it, run applications, or browse the internet or do anything else...just run an OS.

I have a Chromebook, I'm well aware of what it can do. The idea of spending $1200 on one is ludicrous. My point is ChromeOS doesn't do anything that (yet) that requires large amounts of storage, but if they ChromeOS taken seriously, local storage would be a good start.

#21 +techbeck

techbeck

Neowinian Senior

• 18,252 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 20:17

I have a Chromebook, I'm well aware of what it can do. The idea of spending $1200 on one is ludicrous. My point is ChromeOS doesn't do anything that (yet) that requires large amounts of storage, but if they ChromeOS taken seriously, local storage would be a good start.

The OS will be different on the Pixel than the current Chromebooks. And what it can do will be different as well. While some features may be the same, it is not the same as your Chromebook. And storage can be used by user to store documents, files, that sort of thing. And those can add up quickly.

I do agree the price is way to much unless Google releases some more info. The source link has also been updated with more info as well. Still pricey tho.

#22 SiCKX

SiCKX

Cannibal

• 1,275 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 20:21

Just gold plate it and add some diamonds, kick it at $10.000 value as a rich man's "choice" of a Google product.
A bit like this:

Posted Image