16 posts in this topic

Posted

ATLANTA (AP)

Posted

There was no difference seen by household income, except for young adults. The poorest

Posted

really? so poor people are spending more on fast food ? I can eat for 3 months on 100-140 quid depending on what extra spices I need ... if you are poor why waste cash on fast food? 1 fast food meal can be the same as 3 days worth of food for me (dont get me wrong I eat lots of fast food because I can afford it, but when i used to be unable to it was foolish to buy it)

Fast food is actually quite cheap, at least over here. At McDonalds I can eat "enough" for

Posted

I don't see any harm as long as 'fast' food isn't your main diet.

I've never saw much difference in getting a cheeseburger, eating out, and cooking meatloaf or mac & cheese at home.

Posted

I don't see any harm as long as 'fast' food isn't your main diet.

I've never saw much difference in getting a cheeseburger, eating out, and cooking meatloaf or mac & cheese at home.

its the hydrogenated (i think i have spelt that very very wrong) fat and adatives .. a bigger cheese burger at home will most likely be less bad for you then a take out one

Fast food is actually quite cheap, at least over here. At McDonalds I can eat "enough" for

1 person likes this

Posted

^ Partly hydrogenated oils are in most home peanutbutter and margerines.

Posted

really? so poor people are spending more on fast food ? I can eat for 3 months on 100-140 quid depending on what extra spices I need ... if you are poor why waste cash on fast food? 1 fast food meal can be the same as 3 days worth of food for me (dont get me wrong I eat lots of fast food because I can afford it, but when i used to be unable to it was foolish to buy it)

ever seen the dollar menu at mcdonalds? if i wanted to make the same burger at home the cost will be much much more. more financially stable people tend to buy fresh ingredients and make them at home.

Posted

we eat zero fast food, cook all our meals ourselves, except special occasions like dates and birthdays, etc when we go out to real restaurants. I also vow my kids will not have fast food while they are in my sight or care - at least I and my wife will never give it to them.

I cannot believe that knowing how BAD it is for people... they flock to it and eat it anyways. The runs, stomach cramps, bloats and general bad feelings should be a freaking clue.

2 people like this

Posted

Corn, wheat and soy, all used a lot in fast food are subsidized by governments. They're as cheap as ... well subsidized crops. They're all used by fast food companies in most of their products as well. Fruits and vege growers don't enjoy the same subsidies, that is why they aren't anywhere near as cheap.

Many governments are bank rolling the food which is making everyone sick..which will come full circle and then put a huge strain on the health care system.

Posted

Here in the States, a lot of times fast food is cheaper than buying groceries. The general rule of thumb is, the healthier it is, the more expensive it is. Hence the reason that there are a lot more overweight poor people than overweight rich people. Rich people can afford things like fresh vegetables.

Posted

Here in the States, a lot of times fast food is cheaper than buying groceries. The general rule of thumb is, the healthier it is, the more expensive it is. Hence the reason that there are a lot more overweight poor people than overweight rich people. Rich people can afford things like fresh vegetables.

Pretty much accurate: lower socio-economic background = higher rates of preventable illness disease.

Posted

My wife and I go out and eat fast food maybe once a week. I guess I'm not average.

Posted

^ Big spender :p

Posted

^ Times are tough. :p

Posted

If I eat at a fast food place , I normally get chicken. I can be 99% sure that it is not horse meat.

Posted

If I eat at a fast food place , I normally get chicken. I can be 99% sure that it is not horse meat.

^ Could be rattlesnake