Megan Fox joins Michael Bay's "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles"

I thought that that was the worse thing. 

It just felt so generic to me. Buildings falling down, a looming grave threat, some secret the protagonists father hid from them..... Could have been a spiderman trailer if you swapped out the turtles. 

I mean, compared to the rest of the trailer the turtles looked cool. As in they looked like bulkier versions of the the old turtles.

I agree with everything else. Soon as it started with buildings falling. It didn't even need to say from producer Michael Bay.

I've just died inside.

The only redeeming thing in that trailer was the turtles looked cool.

The trailer looks pretty terrible & horrifcally generic. I think the turtles seem very nicely done at least.

Trailer was terrible... Thanks for ruining my childhood yet again, Hollywood.

Quick watch this & everything will be ok:

I didn't mind it actually. Not sure why everyone is like so mad about a movie they haven't even seen yet. Then again, I'm not that big of a TMNT fan.

I didn't mind it actually. Not sure why everyone is like so mad about a movie they haven't even seen yet. Then again, I'm not that big of a TMNT fan.

For me at least, the style & tone seems very... bog standard & uninspired. Of course it's just a trailer, & trailers don't always represent the final film very well.

Megan looks like unprofessional photographer with her digital camera.

That's because April is a reporter, not a photographer.  :D

Oh crap, I just defended this movie.  :pinch:  :x

That's because April is a reporter, not a photographer.  :D

Oh crap, I just defended this movie.  :pinch:  :x

:rofl:

Megan looks like unprofessional photographer with her digital camera.

Good thing she's not a photographer then.

I think when they went from the real life suits + animatronics the originals had to CGI they lost some of the feel BUT now that it's CGI they fighting can be faster, the original movies was pretty slow, and really TMNT 3, time travel???  Come on guys!  Though the first 2 are solid, though you still have to be a fan to like them I think.

I'll give this a shot, I am/was a big TMNT fan back in the day, even had the rage inducing NES game, god that made me want to kill people.

I think when they went from the real life suits + animatronics the originals had to CGI they lost some of the feel BUT now that it's CGI they fighting can be faster

And look how that worked out with the Star Wars prequels and Yoda leaping around like a deranged kangaroo.  :pinch:

And look how that worked out with the Star Wars prequels and Yoda leaping around like a deranged kangaroo.  :pinch:

And how else did you picture Yoda fighting a light saber match exactly?  He's only 2 feet. 

And how else did you picture Yoda fighting a light saber match exactly?  He's only 2 feet. 

Not like that!  :|

To be honest they should never have shown it. Just because movies are a predominantly visual medium doesn't mean everything has to be shown on screen. Often concepts are more powerful if they are simply implied. Obviously that doesn't help for a film like this where the entire concept is based around CGI characters. There are very few films that get away with entirely rendered characters - the Star Wars prequels weren't one of them, nor this film.

• Like 1

Not like that!  :|

To be honest they should never have shown it. Just because movies are a predominantly visual medium doesn't mean everything has to be shown on screen. Often concepts are more powerful if they are simply implied. Obviously that doesn't help for a film like this where the entire concept is based around CGI characters. There are very few films that get away with entirely rendered characters - the Star Wars prequels weren't one of them, nor this film.

And yet I remember watching it in the theater and everyone getting excited, and cheering, when Yoda whipped out his lightsaber.    You're opinion is noted but I don't see any other way to do it, and to not do it because of that doesn't add up.  I'm betting the fans wanted to see just how Yoda could fight, probably been asking for it for years, so here you go.