Connectivity problem

win8

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Savage Jaw

Savage Jaw

Resident One Post Wonder

Posted 22 February 2013 - 21:16

I have a connectivity problem that has been a minor nuisance recently, and wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction before I start to try and find that direction myself. I've tried Google'ing and looking around but haven't been able to find anything.

I'm using Windows 8 Pro, and when occasionally when the system has been up for at least a couple of days (though in some cases it may have been shorter than that) I lose Internet connectivity, except that I can still access any sites I've visited before this i.e. I have Twitter open in an app tab in Firefox, so I can still browse twitter.com. I try to access the router control panel but I get a 400 Bad Request error. When I try to go to any website I haven't visited during that session, I get a "Connection reset" error in Firefox - other browsers return errors as well. A system restart sorts things out. The fact that I can still browse sites I've previously visited during the current session makes me think it is possibly a DNS issue, so I've changed my DNS servers from my ISP's (Sky) to Google, still waiting to see if it has made a difference.

I'm using Comodo Firewall and Avast Antivirus.

Grateful for any help.

#2 BeerFan

BeerFan

Neowinian Senior

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:26

I would try disabling your Comodo firewall, the waiting several days to see if the problem continues.

Have you disabled the Windows firewall?

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!