• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#31 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 26 February 2013 - 20:44

you can usually fix the broken transceiver by soldering over a broken SMD fuse.

and yeah, you might find a controller with the wireless dongle and I believe there's a headset that might still be for sale with the transceiver.

#32 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:30

Game showed up on Origin just now, which is a surprise. Didn't expect Squeenix to do it. But then, Ubisoft just got on there a bit ago too so not entirely a shock.

#33 Elliot B.

Elliot B.

Over 13 years on Neowin

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:15

Game showed up on Origin just now, which is a surprise. Didn't expect Squeenix to do it. But then, Ubisoft just got on there a bit ago too so not entirely a shock.

Us in the UK have to wait a week.

#34 Pupik

Pupik

Neowinian Senior

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:17

Us in the UK have to wait a week.

I think he was just saying that you can now order Tomb Raider in Origin. Not that you can play it. Game releases word wide on March 5th on all platforms, except in Japan that for some reason it's pushed to April 25th.

#35 Elliot B.

Elliot B.

Over 13 years on Neowin

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:18

I think he was just saying that you can now order Tomb Raider in Origin. Not that you can play it.

Oh, I see :)

#36 +WildWayz

WildWayz

The Moose God

• Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:29

Anyone know when the pre-load is on Steam?

#37 Pupik

Pupik

Neowinian Senior

Posted 01 March 2013 - 16:19

Anyone know when the pre-load is on Steam?

Can preload now.

#38 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 01 March 2013 - 17:52

Honestly, it's kinda funny how PC gamers in this thread say they have no interest int he game and gametype. but they will buy it because it has great graphics...

#39 Jason S.

Jason S.

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 6

Posted 01 March 2013 - 17:56

kitteh loves the bokeh

#40 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 01 March 2013 - 18:06

I received my keys from GreenManGaming earlier and have just finished preloading.

#41 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

Posted 01 March 2013 - 18:07

Honestly, it's kinda funny how PC gamers in this thread say they have no interest int he game and gametype. but they will buy it because it has great graphics...

Erm I'm not even seeing that?

Also, a few things in my case:

Although I respect the character for being a strong female lead in a male dominated culture, she's still a typical male fantasy and I can't respect that.

I liked the other games but HATED the boss fights. They weren't even something I could punch through...I just had to repeat the same crap over and over and over and over until I got annoyed and quit and never came back. (Games have gotten better about that sort of thing.)

It's a really dry spell for games lately, probably because of the new consoles coming out.

#42 Pupik

Pupik

Neowinian Senior

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:48

Who said that? Checked the whole thread and couldn't find it :(

#43 ThePokedPenguin

ThePokedPenguin

Need more lemon pledge

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:39

After playing this for an hour, i can honestly say its truly awful. Quicktime event, cut scene, quicktime event, cut scene. It randomly takes over control of the character just to do a "cool" animation. Annoying to say the least. Playing it on ultra and it doesn't even look that impressive, I particularly like the way Lara's hair glitches through the bow quiver on her back. A generous 2/10

#44 MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

• OS: Digita Storm Bolt, Windows 8.1 x64Ce Pro w/Media nter Pack/Core i7 4790K/16GB DDR3 1600/Samsung 850 Pro 256GB x 2 - Raid 0/Transcend M.2 256GB/ASRock Z97E-ITXac/GTX 970
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:21

After playing this for an hour, i can honestly say its truly awful. Quicktime event, cut scene, quicktime event, cut scene. It randomly takes over control of the character just to do a "cool" animation. Annoying to say the least. Playing it on ultra and it doesn't even look that impressive, I particularly like the way Lara's hair glitches through the bow quiver on her back. A generous 2/10

I haven't played it yet, but all the review say the first hour is QTE, it gets good after that, lol.

#45 ThePokedPenguin

ThePokedPenguin

Need more lemon pledge

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:24

I haven't played it yet, but all the review say the first hour is QTE, it gets good after that, lol.

I gave up after the point where it gave me yet another QTE, but one where it doesnt even tell you which button to press