26 posts in this topic

Posted

Approximately 150 federal and state law enforcement agents launched a massive raid on one of the biggest perpetrators of government fraud in America: The Scooter Store. Yes, that's right. The nation's largest provider of single-person electric vehicles and power chairs is the target of a federal investigation, probably because many of the people who ride around their "personal mobility devices" don't actually need them.

In January, CBS This Morning ran a cutting expos

Posted

Perhaps they should be doing it like the pharmaceutical companies - place doctors on your staff to push your product and push medicare into providing it. The only difference I see is the doctors are missing out on their share of the cut in this case, which is probably what triggered the investigation.
1 person likes this

Posted

[img]http://balanceoffood.typepad.com/.a/6a00e55214ffbe8834017d3c7f673a970c-500wi[/img]

[wyoutube]i1ZZ1Rqp8S0[/wyoutube]

Posted

[img]http://i.imgur.com/Ct7Ww7c.jpg[/img]

Game over.
4 people like this

Posted

You know this could have been stopped had the Republicans supported the original bill which ensured this kind of stuff didn't happen.
1 person likes this

Posted

[size=6]'MERRICA![/size]

Posted

They should have a drive through at Macy Ds just for scooters :laugh:

Posted

*gasp* what? and here I thought Tom Kruse (yes with a K) sounded so legit and convincing on their commericals </s>

Posted

How else will they carry around the extra 100 pounds of fat ....
1 person likes this

Posted

Fast food companies really should be the ones under investigation. This is out of control!

Posted

I guess it's too late for me to ask for one? :p

Seriously, it's fraud like this that is the problem with our medical system. Everyone is greedy.

Posted

^ I'd sell it to buy a better laptop. :shifty:

Posted

[quote name='Hum' timestamp='1361667458' post='595539540']
^ I'd sell it to buy a better laptop. :shifty:
[/quote]

Or maybe a faster ride? :D

Posted

Never understood how is it normal for healthy people to ride on mobile scooters for shopping (is it laziness? i dunno) and overweight folks getting a scooter instead of exercise; i mean in my country is someone is overweight and has health problems normally the doctors prescribe healthy exercise and healthy food, promoting a more healthier lifestyle. Now it seems this dodgy company harassed physicians and committed fraud big time.

doesn't people like to use their legs anymore?

Posted

[quote name='Praetor' timestamp='1361667796' post='595539562']
Never understood how is it normal for healthy people to ride on mobile scooters for shopping (is it laziness? i dunno) and overweight folks getting a scooter instead of exercise; i mean in my country is someone is overweight and has health problems normally the doctors prescribe healthy exercise and healthy food, promoting a more healthier lifestyle. Now it seems this dodgy company harassed physicians and committed fraud big time.

doesn't people like to use their legs anymore?
[/quote]

I wish places like walmart wouldn't have scooters in store for people... if you need one you probably have one! they just turn into a bunch of lazy people riding them, or teens goofing off with them.....

Posted

[quote name='Hum' timestamp='1361661757' post='595539408']
How else will they carry around the extra 100 pounds of fat ....
[/quote]

We can melt all the obese people down and turn them into biofuel.
2 people like this

Posted

They could make those walmarts smaller so us one legged people dont have so much trouble fetching our stuff. skinny people usually try and kick my wooden leg as i hobble by. but i am quick. i guess hoping i will fall down. damn the scooter store. thank the lord the fbi loves us.
1 person likes this

Posted

LONG OVERDUE!!

There are a whole lot of people who really need a scooter but can't get one because these frauds soak up the allocated funds, and they cause insurers, Medicare etc. to be hyper-vigilant. Hopefully the baby doesn't go out with the bath water.

Posted

Scooters should not be just handed out willy nilly to obese people. I'm obese, and I will flat out NOT use a scooter! Never mind the severe back pain I get, if I had a scooter, I'd lose the last excuse I have to get ANY exercise at all, and end up looking like a beached whale. Besides, if I did resort to one, it's just admitting to the world, and myself, that I've given up.

Scooters should be reserved for people who have actual problems with their mobility beyond fattitude, not fat slobs who are too damn lazy to move their asses.
1 person likes this

Posted

^ Example being a neighbor who has an amputation but has trouble with the pressure of his prosthetic limb socket breaking down his skin if used regularly. A scooter allows him to go to the neighborhood market, city facilities etc. and just bear weight when he has to. Many other examples, of course.

Posted

^ Exactly, a perfectly good example of scooters being used appropriately! I wouldn't even use one if I broke my leg or something; I could use crutches to get around!

Posted

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LExbG1vm3xw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LExbG1vm3xw[/url]

Posted

[quote name='FloatingFatMan' post='595540118']Scooters should not be just handed out willy nilly to obese people. I'm obese, and I will flat out NOT use a scooter![/quote]If you are able to float, why would you need a scooter in the first place?

Posted

[quote name='tiagosilva29' timestamp='1361697716' post='595540160']
If you are able to float, why would you need a scooter in the first place?
[/quote]

damn Floater.... No scooter for you :p

Posted

[quote name='tiagosilva29' timestamp='1361697716' post='595540160']
If you are able to float, why would you need a scooter in the first place?
[/quote]

I got a puncture. :p