Photo

Crysis 3 (PC Only) - The Kvetchfest Returns To Its Roots

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 AlphaPrime

AlphaPrime

Neowinian Senior

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:23

The previous Crysis games were decent fun I thought. Good to see they're trying to push the limits on PC again, shame about the SP duration however.

#32 cropcircles

cropcircles

Neowinian

Posted 28 February 2013 - 19:38

Need to come out with a compatible DX10 GPU capable version or this game will be a bust. Complaints about the DX11 version are all over the place

#33 Yusuf M.

Yusuf M.

• Phone: Nexus 5 (Android 4.4.2)

Posted 28 February 2013 - 19:54

Need to come out with a compatible DX10 GPU capable version or this game will be a bust. Complaints about the DX11 version are all over the place

That won't happen because CryENGINE 3 is DX9/DX11. Crysis 3 is an exception because it only supports DX11 and they're not going to release a DX9 version.

#34 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 28 February 2013 - 20:01

It's just a shame Crytek can't make a quality game. CryEngine3 has so much potential, but we're going to have to wait until a third party company purchases a license for the engine and develops a game that properly utilizes the engine.

Crysis 3 exists for the sole reason the original Crysis existed -- to benchmark your system to see how future proof it is.

While Crysis was not a masterpiece nor an awesome game it was still a nice game that was worth my time.

#35 OP PGHammer

PGHammer

Neowinian Senior

Posted 28 February 2013 - 20:02

Actually, no, they aren't - the complaints are coming from two areas - lack of DX10 compatibility (older hardware) and lack of usage of multi-GPU (DX11 high-end hardware).

The midrange, and even the DX11 low-end, aren't complaining.

The DX10 GPU owners are pleading poverty, while the high-end are complaining over lack of multi-GPU support.

#36 OP PGHammer

PGHammer

Neowinian Senior

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:53

I have a follow-up post in this thread (not trying to revive it, honestly - I simply have additional data).

Since my last post in this thread, I've replaced my AMD HD5450 (Mobility part in desktop clothes) with a desktop part in desktop clothes, but of the same age - an nVidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti.  (The direct equivalents from AMD are the HD5750 and HD5770.)  I changed nothing else.  How does it handle Crysis 3?  Amazingly well, thanks - 1920x1080, firewalled everything except AA (I'm using 1x MSAA) - basically, I replaced dead hardware with slightly higher-spec but STILL dead hardware.  If you have a better GPU than this and are getting crappy performance, then something else is definitely wrong, and more likely than not, it has diddly to do with your GPU or the drivers thereof.  (That is, if anything, even MORE likely since I'm running the 320.49 Forceware drivers - which is getting a ton of complaints on the GeForce.com forums - on Windows 8.1 Preview besides.)

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!